Technique for staying underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AXL72:
yes yes...add about 3 or 4 lbs of weight on a weight belt. No worries, u won't have to ditch the weights. Try it with a big chestful of air.

It is not considered "gear". It is called an "accessory" because "belts" let you "accessorize". Have you all not watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy?

uhm......he said queer, I'm offended..................

come on jimbo :boxing_sm put em up

I'm on the OFFENSIVE tonight....
WC and many others(including me) get sanctioned on occasion for setting the record straight in some posts that are allowed to constantly bash our current leader or actions of our nation at the moment. These liberal posts are allowed to go on and on and on, until someone (with the right insight) questions what they say, then.....
the mods edit the posts and tell us we have been bad boys.....either the libs report someone whom does not conform to THEIR thinking, or the Mods are libs.....

Swimming, sorry for the Highjack, hope you learn to swim underwater, 30ft(Imperial, I love it!) should be doable for you with a little practice.

hey...i am such a moron, swimmingperson. I am so sorry. I was so focussed on accessorizing, I did little to help you by not focusing on the question and the solution.

hey, try keeping your head down and your chin against your chest when you swim along the bottom.

when u lift your head up to look ahead, you tend to reduce your depth. INstead, follow the bottom of the pool with your chin against your chest. Do not look ahead. Keep your eyes on the bottom that moves past you as you kik @$$ at high speed:D

when u kik...kik regularly. dog pattle by keeping your chest 6 inches off the bottom and moving one hand at a time between you and the bottom within that 6-inch gap.

remember, this is a training excercise, you won't run into anything. Besides, notice how the tile markings on the bottom of the pool change at the walls:wink: use the markings as bearings.

I bet you will be able to do the full length of a 25 meter pool (82 ft) in no time.

and for the record, i luv imperial units, but pools are in meters so swimmers talk in meters:D

ok, Jimbo :boxing_sm ...if Colon Powell ever decides to run for president, us liberal democrats will stop talking smack about our leader, cause even us democrats will unamimously vote him into office.

I swim along the bottom using a breast stroke and frog kick I use my arm stroke to adjust dept anlong with slight body angle. Its hard to describe but a little practice should put you on the bottom.

Jon C:
I'm sorry, WHY would anyone want to go into the water without SCUBA gear? :bash: :D

ummm, shower...bath...hello:mooner:

swimmingperson:
I need to learn how to swim underwater without any gear, just by holding my breath, for ten metres. But I don't know how to stay under. My body goes up. My friend does this weird thing by wriggling his body(without using his arms), and he swims at the bottom of the pool. Are there any techniques to swim underwater like that?
10 meters= A little under 30ft? You should be able to swim 30ft after fully exhaling easily. Just exhale.

beach89:
10 meters= A little under 30ft? You should be able to swim 30ft after fully exhaling easily. Just exhale.

Actually a little over 30 ft.

1 meter = 39.3700787 inches

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom