Things you can't bring into Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just respect their culture and rules, life doesn’t need to be hard.
Truth. Guess I'll leave my goodie bag at home. I'm still bringing cheese, though.

Truth. Guess I'll leave my goodie bag at home. I'm still bringing cheese, though.
I figure "when in Rome Mexico, eat at the Mexicans do." I don't know why anyone would be tempted to bring a sandwich into the land of tacos and tortas. I'm sure your kebab roll is great, but does it beat a cochinita pibil torta?

I figure "when in Rome Mexico, eat at the Mexicans do." I don't know why anyone would be tempted to bring a sandwich into the land of tacos and tortas. I'm sure your kebab roll is great, but does it beat a cochinita pibil torta?
You may want to read that first line phonetically:wink:

yes. yes it does. I don't eat pork.

I have had the pleasure of eating his kabobs in Cozumel, and yes, it was worth bringing the necessary ingredients down.

Maybe there are reasons that cheese cannot cross international boundaries without inspection? CDC: Listeria Outbreak Linked to Deli Meat and Cheese

Try and bring commercial shipments of anything with dairy into the US without a USDA permit. Your stuff will get rejected so fast your head will spin. You’ll have to destroy it under CBP supervision or send it back to origin.

Just dealt with this within the past few weeks.

Try and bring commercial shipments of anything with dairy into the US without a USDA permit. Your stuff will get rejected so fast your head will spin. You’ll have to destroy it under CBP supervision or send it back to origin.

Just dealt with this within the past few weeks.
Any plane landing from France?

Would customs recognise decent cheeses? Not highly processed tasteless yellow goo, but cheeses that run around your plate exuding a pungent aroma and taste devine, especially with a sweet dessert wine. Nom nom nom.

Back
Top Bottom