Things you can't bring into Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any plane landing from France?

Would customs recognise decent cheeses? Not highly processed tasteless yellow goo, but cheeses that run around your plate exuding a pungent aroma and taste devine, especially with a sweet dessert wine. Nom nom nom.

It’s dairy as a whole. I have customers who bring in reefer containers of frozen food from India for Indian grocery stores here. Some items contain paneer (similar to cottage cheese). The amount of paperwork is staggering.

It’s dairy as a whole.
Great. Brucellosis, mad cow, and many other bovine diseases can be devastating.

Any plane landing from France?

Would customs recognise decent cheeses? Not highly processed tasteless yellow goo, but cheeses that run around your plate exuding a pungent aroma and taste devine, especially with a sweet dessert wine. Nom nom nom.
The dog would.

I believe most non-runny cheeses can be brought into the US in non-commercial amounts. I recall bringing a big hunk of Roquefort home from France in my carry-on.

I never understood how a cheese or ham in my suitcase, that is residing in my fridge as soon as I get home was going to contaminate the nation's dairy supply.

I never understood how a cheese or ham in my suitcase, that is residing in my fridge as soon as I get home was going to contaminate the nation's dairy supply.
And that is the attitude that spreads disease. You'd probably transport it without incident, but it only takes one Oops.

Just respect their culture and rules, life doesn’t need to be hard.

Their culture has no issues with it, just the immigration rules.

Yes, they sell vapes in Coz but it's not as easy as it sounds to just buy one there. First, who wants to spend the first day running around looking for a place that sells them. Then they will be expensive. Then they will not be any types you are familiar with. For vapers, their devices become familiar to them. It would be like some silly arbitrary rule against bringing in a dive computer and the answer is there are plenty of dive computers there to rent. Yes, that would work and if there seemed to be some valid reason for such rule it would likely be followed. Rules that make sense tend to get better respect.

First, who wants to spend the first day running around looking for a place that sells them. Then they will be expensive. Then they will not be any types you are familiar with.
This is true of many items. Sometimes I look at what I'm packing and remind myself, "they do sell that in Mexico." But ... what you said.

But…!

Two dogs
Point taken. Two dogs WILL sniff butts.

Even if not what they're trained to sniff.

It would be like some silly arbitrary rule against bringing in a dive computer and the answer is there are plenty of dive computers there to rent. Yes, that would work and if there seemed to be some valid reason for such rule it would likely be followed. Rules that make sense tend to get better respect.
Quit giving them ideas!

WAIT !!! BACON TOOTHPASTE !!!! Is that a real thing?? Where sourced????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom