Watch out for JoeDiverAmerica.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was pretty disheartened to see Netdoc sent them an email telling them they were being talked about and they didn't join in the discussion to tell their side. Seems like below average customer service and public relations. IMO - Not a company I would want to do business with.

jcf

///

You didn't post the date you wrote them, but I know many people get off early in the week for Christmas and that's a bad time of year for customers wanting stuff quickly. It's so busy and they're shorthanded to boot that it's tough to satisfy everybody, and it seems they got to fast on the order and forgot to send an item.

Not to mention the website explains the phone issue you have, to me that's not a negative point here because it should have been something you knew before you ordered, they're weren't trying to hide it in other words.

Personally, I would give them a couple more days to get back to you due to the holidays.

I've never ordered from them, probably never will, and I don't know their operations but I don't think they're out to screw you.

You just seem like me, when I order something I want it now not later and I'm not always patient when I should be. It's a character fault of mine, but I do try to understand because I work in a retail store.

scubajcf:
I was pretty disheartened to see Netdoc sent them an email telling them they were being talked about and they didn't join in the discussion to tell their side. Seems like below average customer service and public relations. IMO - Not a company I would want to do business with.

jcf

///
Dude he just sent them the link yesterday (Christmas) evening, give em a chance. If I had obligations and such on Christmas I would not have even turned on my computer. They may have not even received the email yet. Totally unfair statement on your part. Funny how this exact same thing happened in another thread with TDL and everybody's all, "They're great, it just a mistake blah blah blah" it happens to these guys and all of a sudden the lynch mob is gathering.

I'm not saying their lack of contact info is right, I only allow shopping/transactions on my sites, never the phone, but always provide a valid email and/or 800#, which go directly to my mobile.

Just give them a day or two to respond.

-Garrett

highdesert:
I have to agree with you on that one, but with a difference ...

ScubaToys is in fact great to work with, BUT they have a phone number, and have no problems resolving exchanges, etc, immediately after I talk to them. Not to say they don't thru e-mail; it's just nice to be able to get on the phone and get a package or credit taken care of immediately. They have gone above and beyond for me on several occassions where I was scrambling to do exchanges or additions right before a trip. Matter of fact, they're the outfit where I ordered the merchandise that JoeDiverAmerica charged me for but failed to send.

For JoeDiverAmerica, just the fact that they don't have a phone number and haven't responded in a week is, in my opinion, enough in itself to score them in the basement.
I wasn't comparing JDA and ST, I was just pointing out that Scubapoll probably is not a reliable tool, just cuz JDA ranks low on there, doesn't mean squat, ST ranks low as well.

-Garrett

shark.byte.usa:
Dude he just sent them the link yesterday (Christmas) evening, give em a chance.

I think John just missed the timing... he's getting old! :D

I agree, though... it's a bit early for a lynching. There are a lot of folks going off half-cocked.

... and IMHO, if I were a business owner, I don't know if I would want to "tell the other side of the story" in a public forum. I'd just talk with the customer and make things right.

I'd say a lot of people forgot that this was the Christmas week/end and that they need to cut some slack due to that fact alone.

I know divings important, but sometimes people have families and things that they've got to do on Christmas. My wife's still off work due to Christmas Vacation which started Wednesday afternoon.

It was December 14 when I filled out the contact form at the JoeDiverAmerica site pointing out that I didn't get everything I was charged for. Since I wasn't certain I filled out and submitted the form properly the first time (but I think I did), I did it again. I included the order number, my customer number, SKU of the omitted item, my e-mail, my phone number, you get the picture. I figure it would take 2 minutes for someone to notify me within a couple of days saying, "Sorry for the problem, we'll take care of it." Nada. Even if they said it would take a month, I'd understand. But I think not responding at all is totally unprofessional.

I called my credit card company this morning, and resolved the issue from their end. I still stand by my original thought that for me, in my personal opinion, I would steer clear of doing business with them again.

I ordered several items from JoeDiverAmerica, some of them were posted out of stock, while others were in stock. They sent me an email asking how I wanted to handle the shipping the next day. I asked for all in stock items to be shipped now and the rest when they got them. They said no problem, gave me a date when they were to recieve the missing items, no charge for a seperate shipment, and sent an email the day they sent the second shipment. I may not agree with not having a phone number but I do understand (from a buisness standpoint) that a written message can be a very useful and powerful tool. Sorry about your bad episode. Curious to know how this works out.

highdesert:
Yeah, dopey me, I never figured I'd have to go check out all of a web site's contact info first; I'm one of those too trusting kinda guys. After the fact, I checked out www.scubapoll.com and found out they ranked a 1.76 out of 10 as an online merchant of scuba gear. Thirty-eight web sites ranked above them, only two below them. I'm going to post my message on all the scuba forums, plus a number of sites that log complaints about Internet retailers in general.

That poll is bogus. I would not rely on it in any way. Good luck with dealing with JDA. Definitely would like to hear how this gets resolved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom