Which bc will win? BCD SHOWDOWN!!!

AND THE WINNER BY KNOCKOUT IS .......

• MARES ICON (500 BUCKS)

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • SEA ELITE TEK X (250 BUCKS)

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Japan-diver:

What is wrong with the Mares Icon? I was going to buy it. I prefer the back inflation bc. I would get the SP LadyHawk, but I don't like the weight system. Other than that, they are practically the same bc (at least that is my limited knowledge opinion).

The SP Ladyhawk would not make the list either. But to answer the question more exactly I need some info on the type of diving that you do. Cold water, thick suits or warm water thin suits? What type of diving do you plan on doing 3-4 years from now- a good BC should last a number of years and dives. Also if you are a new diver you should not outgrow your BC to quickly- the learning curve for diving can be very steep and upgrading gear can get expensive- buying right the first time is always best.

Some basic problems with the BC are excessive bulk, poor weight system, will not expand to advanced type diving well- (for the price it should), excessive size of bladder for single tank diving leads to drag in the water, extra unneeded pads add excessive buoyancy that result in the need for extra weight - which results in higher air consumption, poor trim etc..., difficult to service mares inflator on a hose that is excessively long, the BC is only 420 denier- should be higher for the price asked

What type of diving are you planning on doing both now and in the future?

Ultimately, everything that can possibly occur in life is referenced in either South Park or the Simpsons.

I'm a fan of Family Guy, myself....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom