So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:

Bike came with a nice cushy seat that has gel inserts. It’s a women’s bike so proper seat for our anatomy. :D

My local dive club has decided to age some local quality wines (we are in Italy after all) in the lake. There are many stories about how it ages better in the constant depth, humidity and with the slight motion of being in the water. So we'll submerge 15-20 bottles of various wines and then store the same wines in a wine cellar and after 6-12 months we'll retrieve the submerged wines and have a tasting session.
So I have folded and welded 5 cages that will take 4 straight sided or 3 tapered bottles. It is 20mm grid 3mm steel mesh. First I made a template, then cut the steel with bolt cutter. I had made a wooden former and bent the steel round the former and welded the edges as best I could. The lid is loose and will be attached with tie wraps and s/steel wire. I also attached a short chain tail for securing the cage. Next to to find the correct weighting for neutral buoyancy.
We have several places in mind: wedged in to rocks, attached to mooring buoys (with neutral buoyance this will swing on the mooring chain) etc. Apparently 8C is the ideal temp, so for us that is below 25m.
Wine cages finished.jpeg

Back when I went to see a back surgeon, his take on it was "it's not like a knee where you can just stick in a ball joint and live happily ever after
The knee isn't a ball joint. The hip is, though. Are you sure you don't misremember? Because from a mechanical POV, the hip joint is one of the simplest constructions we have

The knee isn't a ball joint. The hip is, though. Are you sure you don't misremember? Because from a mechanical POV, the hip joint is one of the simplest constructions we have

Possibly, it was a while back, but I don't think so. The context was artificial interverterbral discs, compared to those things leg joints are primitive.

One interesting tidbit was that those things have expected lifespan, and you really want the patient's expected lifespan to be shorter than that. Because if that thing falls apart inside a living patient, nobody in their right mind will want to try and fix that.

Possibly, it was a while back, but I don't think so. The context was artificial interverterbral discs, compared to those things leg joints are primitive.

One interesting tidbit was that those things have expected lifespan, and you really want the patient's expected lifespan to be shorter than that. Because if that thing falls apart inside a living patient, nobody in their right mind will want to try and fix that.
I think they say 20 years at least, mine is mostly glued in without the long femur shank of the earlier ones, it is all pretty modular now.

I think they say 20 years at least, mine is mostly glued in without the long femur shank of the earlier ones, it is all pretty modular now.

You're talking legs or back?

Knee, pics posted earlier.

I was referring to the back, where if it breaks into sharp little pieces, there's an excellent chance they'll stick into patient's spinal cord etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom