Afternoon dives on the Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surgeman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know that afternoon dives are not the norm in Coz and that most rely on critical numbers to make sure they happen but their are a handful of dive ops that have pretty routinely offered such dives in the past. Scuba Mau (the original) was an example of this and when they were around you could pretty much guarrantee gettig 4 dives a day with 2 morning and two afternoon dives.

Does anyone know which of the current players offer both morning dives and at least a one tank afternoon dive. I am looking to exclude the Cattle Boats unless they also offer a six pack option.

Thanks

The Blue Angel does an afternoon dive at 1 PM (or could be 1:30 ???) and they don't use a cattle boat.

Palancar Divers was doing afternoon dives from the Occidental in November and I know ProDive was also doing afternoon dives from the Allegro same time. I did afternoon dives with Aldora on a previous trip and saw several other dive op boats out. It should be easy to get afternoon dives weather permitting. I did have a couple of days called due to wind in Nov.

The Blue Angel does an afternoon dive at 1 PM (or could be 1:30 ???) and they don't use a cattle boat.

Blue Angel does have a regularly scheduled afternoon dive; departs at 1 p.m. Small, fast boat. Contact info@blueangelresort.com for more info or to sign up!

kari

In addition to the ones mentioned; Opals Dream, Dive with Martin, Buena Ventura, Bottom Time, Deep Blue, Papa Hogs, Studio Blue, and Sea Urchin. There may be others.

Can you tell that we like to sleep in while on vacation?:cool2:

ScubaClubCozumel also offers afternoon boat dives if there are enough people signed up, usually just 4 needed. There is a clip board outside dive op, ditto any night dive with 6 people. All you have to do is ask. Also, they have free unlimited shore diving, just grab tanks, put in your locker for later, and go out whenever you want. When we are there, we always do 3-4 dives per day... one of the benefits of staying there.

Be aware that you may not be able to do deeper dives in the afternoon like you would in the am......my experience has been that unless you get a fresh DM in the afternoon, they won't go deep due to having done 2 dives already in the am. Not saying thats the rule, but be prepared for it.

Yesterday there were dozens, Joe. Someone said 50, but in any case, dozens! Soooo beautiful!
Today on Punta Sur Sur, there were 5. The smallest one was male and was feeling frisky. He put on a fine show for us!
Hope I get to dive with you while you're here!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom