best car rental agency

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also sent multiple emails to Poppy in last few days without any response.
Are they still in business?
Has anyone been able to contact them in last couple of months?
I received a reply yesterday, a day or two after my inquiry.

Does anybody have any updates on Telerin? I need to book a truck soon. Any other recommendations? The owners of the villas we are booked with have a deal with PB Car rental and can give us a discount, and although they do not have many reviews, what they do have is not good.
We used AB our last trip and ended up with a rust bucket with a rusty tailgate that stained our shorts. The previous trip was with Telerin and she first gave us a truck with no tailgate which we were stuck with for a few days until another truck was available.

Budget or Avis is the only place that is going to have really nice trucks.. every other rental place in Bonaire has rusted trucks.. it just how bad the truck is..

Jim..

Update on Telerin....I have two trucks rented from Telerin for the last week in September. I had no problems communicating with Poppy on this reservation. The other two times I used Telerin I did so with no issues there either. Talked to Poppy via email recently to change credit cards I'd be using for payment so my attempts to communicate with Poppy have been successful and conducted in timely enough manner to suit me.

I have a truck rented with Poppy for the first two weeks of October. No problems with communications. Very responsive and setup to do the AMEX thing as usual. All good.

We rented with ABCarrental last year (2016) and got a very nice truck, not a rust bucket, and had a great experience overall. Obviously YMMV.

Budget or Avis is the only place that is going to have really nice trucks.. every other rental place in Bonaire has rusted trucks.. it just how bad the truck is..

Jim..
sorry, that's just not accurate. I've rented multiple vehicles from PB and 1 from Stuyvescent(sp?). were visually pristine. Everything from PB was mechanically perfect, the Commie truck from stuy decided to have some rear brake issues after about 4 days of the wettest week many locals said they've ever seen. But all were zero rust.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom