Can I borrow someones Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah, this was intended to be a serious post. Just like all hobbies, people usually have 5 of everything. I would pay shipping both ways. But i guess there is less risk on my end by just renting from sams when i get there. i just thought soemone might have an old suunto laying around not being used or an older camera they have not used in years. Maybe a vendor or manufacture might lend me there stuff. I'm going to write suunto and mares right now!

I think you are the new king of wishful thinking. I'd be leery lending my underwater camera to a friend (PC I'd probably be OK with) - no way in hell I'd lend either to a stranger that I'll never even see in person.

Just in case anyone is actually considering lending, I'd assume you will be providing a security deposit equal to the value of the camera and/or PC that you will be borrowing? BTW why posting under two difference usernames?

I'll lend you my camera, strobes, batteries and everything, if you buy a bond/insurance policy that will cover loss, theft, flooding, and any other reason that I would not get my camera back for a minimum of $7000 coverage with me as the loss payee.

It will probably be cheaper to rent a camera from the dive shop you are using on your trip than pay for shipping both ways of someone else's stuff.

OP, you should have planned your trip 1 day less & bought 'needed' items with the proceeds from a shorter stay???......

yeah, this was intended to be a serious post. Just like all hobbies, people usually have 5 of everything.
Oh, I do have 2 computers that I carry on every dive, and 3 dive cameras - 2 of which are older 5mp Sealife models. Tell me, have you ever loaned anything worth over $100 to someone you never heard of before? I won't do that to someone on the same boat as I know how those excuses go.
I would pay shipping both ways. But i guess there is less risk on my end by just renting from sams when i get there. i just thought soemone might have an old suunto laying around not being used or an older camera they have not used in years. Maybe a vendor or manufacture might lend me there stuff. I'm going to write suunto and mares right now!
I think those companies sell computers.

Last edited:
thanks everyone. Jim is lending me his camera and an older wrist computer he's had for years. See, no problem for all you with negative attitudes.

Reactions: Jax
DandyDon, you should try to make it to Palau someday.

Now you've got 3 usernames? Hopefully "Jim" will post about his lending experience when he gets his equipment back.

Three usernames in a week......nothing shifty about this guy

greg11
gregmoeck
greg1111

:hmmm:

.:hm:

I think you are the new king of wishful thinking.

Great, now that song will be running through my head all day. "I'll get over you... I know I will..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom