Does it matter which p-valve a woman uses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angry Turtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

doing some research for my wife who isn't on the forum. She plans to use a she-p after reading through some of the threads I shared. I have seen the halcyon p-valve recommended as having low resistance. Do you think a light monkey tinkle valve would work as well? Any fist hand experience? Recommendations?

I've had both, and they both work, but I think the Halcyon valve has a little less resistance to flow, which reduces the likelihood of leaks.

I own 3 dry suits and have the light monkey tinkle valve in all of them with no problems so far.

However, glad to read the feedback about the Halcyon valve. Was not sure if that would work for us women.

I'm currently using the Halcyon Balanced and Dive Right Balanced relief valves. Both work fine but I have to say the Dive Right seems to offer less resistance. It is also a lower profile valve than the Halcyon. One other difference: the Halcyon can be turned to close, whereas the Dive Right does not have that feature (you have to cap the tubing if not using to prevent leaks.)

Dirzone balanced valve works for me pretty well and if I have leaks it is due to misplaced gluing...

Sent from my SM-G350 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom