Drumroll, Please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all hail from the Golden State. Florida has five and Texas has six that I know of. There might be more here in the sunshine state, but we're not sure how to count them!!! :tease:

meeting fellow mods is definately not a requirement.

As for CA representation.... think of it this way,

8000 (+) members,

21 moderators of which 16 are American, and 5 other nationalities.....

yup USA is represented.

I am still a Columbian citizen as well. As my newest passport proves! :tease:

NetDoc once bubbled...
I am still a Columbian citizen as well. As my newest passport proves! :tease:
Then I guess you are regulating more than just posts eh? :tease:

...now that you figured out what it takes to make Regulatordom, inquiring minds want to know. Looks like you pulled it off in a couple days...

I'm not sure. This might be a simple case of sincerity and willingness to help than anything else.

Ok, ok they said I got the job because of the picture I made of you with the girls at the wedding reception <lol>.

DiverBuoy once bubbled...
I'm not sure. This might be a simple case of sincerity and willingness to help than anything else.

Ok, ok they said I got the job because of the picture I made of you with the girls at the wedding reception <lol>.
I ain't buying it...there are plenty of sincere and helpful people that have been on this board a lot longer than you have. It was something else and you guys ain't talking... :wink:

Congratz though...and that was a hell of a photochop job..hehe.

O-ring once bubbled...
I ain't buying it...there are plenty of sincere and helpful people that have been on this board a lot longer than you have. It was something else and you guys ain't talking... :wink:

Agreed. I don't buy it either.

We aren't talking because we don't know the answer. I was shocked when I was asked. I've been active on the board since shortly after it started. I never expected to be asked because I tend to be rather controversial at times. I also figured if KN or LD wanted me as a regulator (why regulator - are we SCUBA equipment?) they would have asked me long ago. I certainly did not expect to be asked while I was out of town on vacation this past August.

Every new addition surprises me, it's not like we discuss everyone before appointments are made. I just came home, logged on and saw DB was posting in the "secret" forum. My first thought was. "What's going on now?" I did a little searching and discovered there were two additions while I was out of town. Tom, you could be next, it wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Walter once bubbled...
Tom, you could be next, it wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Well, as soon as I get the letter I'm grabbing my rifle and heading outside to shoot down a couple of the pigs which will almost certainly be flying on a regular basis.

I've seen a few promotions since I've been here. In most cases I can see the point in the choices and have no issue with them.

Always an exception though, huh?

Tom

Back
Top Bottom