Fashion tips and Faux Pas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was the person who was rude to you perhaps dressed something like this:
ALL black gear
mask with black skirt
doubles
BP/W
long hose
jetfins?

:sofa:

my gear is all black because that's what color was available but I got a neon yellow snap strap so I wouldn't be mistaken for one of "those people" and so I can be seen underwater.

I guess I did not get the memo on the all black only either. What is with the black, are we joining a Seal Team or what exactly? How is black more functional than blue or yellow? I think I will order a bright yellow wetsuit just cuz. N

almitywife:
ok, i can honestly say i would not dive with anyperson wearing one of those hoods!!! not even as a joke, not even if you paid me!

but then again, i cant remember last time i needed to dive with someone that wore a hood in our waters.

as far as colour - my theme is yellow and the childs (12yr Jnr OW) is purple and pink (hot pink zeagle bcd). you spend alot of money on dive gear, spend alot of time - you might as well have a bit of fun with it while you at it and if that means you colour up then why not.

wouldnt the world be boring if we were all wearing the exact same thing in the exact same colour every single time. (except for those hoods - they are seriously wrong)

Hehe, well as absolutely ridiculous and hideous some of these hoods are..... hmmm i'd let it slide and dive with someone wearing those hoods.

Providing that they look like the girls on the link there :wink: :wink:.

Was thinking more along the lines of...

hood10.jpg

Anyway, diving is supposed to be fun..., so who cares if you look like a 5 year old dressed you :D.
No offense to any of the 5 years old reading this :wink:.

Jam, come to vanuatu with me and dive with titan trigger fish with one of those fish hoods on - i'll stay back a bit and take the video of you being attacked by one of them.

with any luck we will win funniest home videos :D

Some people are just A-holes by nature. If it wasnt you gear color, he probably would have had something else to smart off about. Just ignore people like that. Truth is that fluorescent colors are highly desirable at depth because the depth doesnt absorb fluorescense as well as it does standard base colors. Thats why most DM's wear pink fins or pink tanks....Those diving with them can always pick them out of a crowd and follow them. Your colors are just fine, so keep on keepin on. :)

It has been explained very nicely to me today that "real" divers wear black and wanna-be's wear colors. So apparently, several of us missed that memo. Personally I will continue to dress like a 5 year old on land and in the sea. At least my husband won't mistake me for another diver, or a sea lion.

Back
Top Bottom