Garmin entering the dive industry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I splash for the second dive, the Garmin will behave exactly as if I had had it set to GF50/80 from the beginning (before the first dive)?

I expect the answer is yes, but it sure would be nice to get confirmation from a Garmin developer or someone who talks to a developer....

After discussing it, I'm fairly certain the answer here is going to be yes. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do my second round of testing yet (after the full 24 hr SI)

Secondly, I have confirmed that the 'deco lockout' enabled/disabled setting does remain after the 24 hour lockout period expires.

I cross-checked the F5X Manual versus the MK1 and couldn't find any features missing. The F5X is quite and amazing product. Net net, USD999 is looking 'cheaper'. Hopefully the price bump of the MK2 with AI (inc transmitter) and isn't too much.

Garmin needs to join the Manufacturers Forum, not there yet.

Yea that's what I was attempting to drive at without outright saying it. Hoping the powers that be at Garmin take the hint and figure out that if you wanna be big league then you have to be there. :D

Agreed, maybe @Rhyno could talk to them since he has an in with the dev team. If details are needed I'm happy to help, as will @The Chairman I'm sure.

Everything I seen (including the instruction manual) describes how to manually switch the device to dive mode before starting a dive. Question - if you don't do that, will it automatically go into dive mode at a certain depth?

Garmin needs to join the Manufacturers Forum, not there yet.
After my meeting with them at DEMA, I'm sure they will be doing just that.

Much as I love ScubaBoard, since Garmin already has their own support forums, I think it would be better for users to not have manufacturer support divided up into more than one location.

Having two places to look for info (e.g. somebody already asked your question before) just makes it harder. And, the Computers subforum here is already going to be a second place to look for info. Having a Garmin subforum here also will just make it 3 places to look for info.

Not to mention, look at how poorly some of the manufacturers deal with their support forum here. It seems like some of them never even check in here. Personally, I would rather just have one place to go for support, where I know the manufacturer will be looking and responding.

Just my 2 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom