Garmin entering the dive industry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Real programmers use copycon.

Real programmers use punch cards.

If it's not in FORTRAN, it's not programming.

[/hijack]

C ANYONE REMEMBER THIS
WRITE (6,7)
7 FORMAT(14H HELLO, NETDOC)
STOP
END

(anyone remember Borland?).

I'll take your Turbo Pascal and raise you Delphi.

This escalated quickly!

Let me grab a few vacuum tubes to continue my reply. Babbage Analytic Engine is feeling cranky this morning...

If you need any extras, I have 6 x matched vintage Magnavox 7027A's that I want to move along. I sold my Ampeg V4 a while back and no longer have any use for them. Or I would trade for 4 x matched vintage EL34's or possibly 6L6GC's....

Thanks! I had read that page but missed that little detail. I am guessing that means that if you miss some deco, it will lock you into Gauge mode, but you can disable the lockout, if you want. So, it's something you would only ever see AFTER you've missed some deco. Not so much a setting where you would turn off lock outs permanently. Rather, an ability to ad hoc turn off a specific lock out. I could live with that.

Circling back around to this as I wasn't 100% certain how this functionality was implemented. I was able to get a little more info. The lockout works exactly as you described. It gives you the ability to 'clear' the lockout and continue diving.

Circling back around to this as I wasn't 100% certain how this functionality was implemented. I was able to get a little more info. The lockout works exactly as you described. It gives you the ability to 'clear' the lockout and continue diving.
Actually, I was right!!
Rare event for sure.
The lockout is an on/off setting done once, must be before a dive ie you can’t decide in the water you don’t want it.
Once off it stays off until reenabled.

I'll take your Turbo Pascal and raise you Delphi.

Ha. Someone had to bandy Object Oriented programming in there.

I was one of the early adopters of Turbo C and Paradox. Whatever happened to Philippe Khan? Dem was fun and exciting days.

Real programmers use copycon.

Real programmers use punch cards.

If it's not in FORTRAN, it's not programming.

[/hijack]

Puhleez. I spent my first two programming years working in Fortran on a Univac 1106 with punch cards. We could have used Algol then too.

The lockout is an on/off setting done once, must be before a dive ie you can’t decide in the water you don’t want it.
Negative Ghost Rider. From an email exchange with Patrick:
Hi Pete,

Thanks so much for stopping by the Garmin booth yesterday to get up to speed on the Descent Mk1. It was a pleasure to do the video interview for you.

I do want to correct two things for you that I want to make sure are right for your readers.
  1. We DO allow you to disable deco lockout if the unit is currently locked. I mis-spoke on that one. Note that we don’t (of course) allow you to disable the lockout for use after Gauge Mode diving.
  2. While we don’t currently have functionality to adjust GF in-dive, I’ve added that to our product backlog. We are committed to frequent software updates and Scubaboard will be a key place we look for diver feedback to influence future product roadmap.

Patrick Danko
Garmin International

Puhleez. I spent my first two programming years working in Fortran on a Univac 1106 with punch cards. We could have used Algol then too.
I still have my SS 18" ruler and engineer's pencil from back then. Essential tools for programming with punch cards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom