GUE Rec Triox Trip Report: Something may go wrong…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

In case you haven't heard, there are other GUE instructors. In fact, there is this whole organization called GUE. Or do you believe that GUE is also an MHK sockpuppet?
SHHHHH!!!...We're trying to keep this a secret NEW...don't you know about the insider plot to take over the world with one guy...come on man...get with the program. :HAHAHA:

scuba4ever bubbled.....
I'm new to the board here

Look! Another fake to support the fake!

I'm kidding.

I really enjoyed hijumper's report. A week with a gung-ho instructor ripping my mask off and shutting off my valves couldn't be more exciting.

I'd love to take the class myself. The good news is that I convinced my wife to take the DIR-F class with me. It's great to have a full-time buddy. Having great water-skills and emergency response will be great too.

I'll bet this whole thread is a scam conducted just to make chrpai
look like a jerk.

DeepScuba once bubbled...

The only other aside, is the laugh I get with the continuing stone-walling of a real "fleshing out" of the facts as it pertains to some of MHK's ideas. Beside myself, there's LAL, and BJDriver for two more, that have asked the same pointed questions, and never get any answers.

I think he must be referring to the nitrox thread about a toxing diver. I tried to take a stab at it from memory from a thread a read a while back and got it all wrong.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39574&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

I did some digging and found another thread posted by MHK that cleared up most of my questions.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18087&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=4

Personally i am thankful for the likes of mhk, uncle pug, roakey, among many other that i havent listed. I have learned more about diving from their posts than i ever did in all the classes(ow,aow,nitrox, rescue) i ever took. I do realize that reading information on the internet and having someone supervise while you do it is two completely different things. Before discovering this board i never even knew it was possible to hover in one spot motionless :D My diving has improved greatly and i am no longer a rototiller although it can be handy for finding your way back without a compass :D

So anyways enough butt kissing from me and ill step down from my soap box now. I learn a lot from this board as a lot of divers put some great information out there for us to use. I think some information needs to be taken with a grain of salt and should not be done unless under the supervision of a instructor or someone in the know so it is done properly and doesnt result in a injury. But even so it still expands ones knowledge of the understanding of what is involved by reading about it.

Wow, karl got banned. Imagine that :D

Just for giggles, do you believe that men have been to the moon? Or that there was a second, possibly CIA, gunman on the grassy knoll?

Americans have never been to the moon, just he California warehouse they filmed it all in. :wink: Why do you think there are NEVER any stars in the background shots from the moon? Its just pure black - thats a little hokey if you ask me.

radagalf once bubbled...

Americans have never been to the moon, just he California warehouse they filmed it all in. :wink: Why do you think there are NEVER any stars in the background shots from the moon? Its just pure black - thats a little hokey if you ask me.

No, the warehouse was also on the moon. We've got a whole colony there. That's where Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa and the remains of Amelia Earhart are located.

No, the warehouse was also on the moon. We've got a whole colony there. That's where Elvis, Jimmy Hoffa and the remains of Amelia Earhart are located.

Quick!...Hide!...Don't answer the door! It's a bunch of men driving black vans and wearing black suits that have come to take you away! Knock,Knock,Knock....Mr. NorthEastWrecks....Please come with us. :eek:

Chris, you are losing it on this one.

I was in the class with Tyson.

Tyson had no desire to post to this board but I asked him to as I used to lurk around here some time ago. I knew there were a number of nice people on here who would enjoy the report. This is not a conspiracy, hoax, or any other crazy thing like that. The 5 five of us in the class truly learned a lot and really enjoyed the course. Given this, we wanted to share our experience with other divers who may be interested in this type of diving.

The most important point of the report is that prospective students for this class need to spend a lot of time practicing their fundamental skills prior to the class in order to get the most out of it and to pass.

I do not spend much time posting to boards and rarely visit here anymore because people like you can turn a productive thread into a waste of everyone's time.

For anyone who is interested, including you Chris, we do practice dives a few times per week throughout most of the year in Lake Travis and always welcome other divers who share our passion for pursuing excellence in their diving abilities.

Thanks,

Brian White
Austin, TX

Back
Top Bottom