GUE Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416 once bubbled...

You improperly read the modifiers. "I sometimes catch" myself, not "I sometimes whistle {tune}"

Sheesh... :boom:
Ahh...let the record show I screwed up....I am sure this is not a first....situation back to normal

I am diving for 12 years, being an active CMAS instructor and did the DIR-Fundamentals and the Tech-1 class this year!

Amazing, I relearnt diving! My personal opinion: in comparison to all courses from all agencies I watched so far, GUE has the REAL concept teaching for Tech. Very tough but really teaching the obvious right things for diving tech safely and challengingly.

I personally have decided to go for the Tech2 class also and to adapt my own Advanced Nitrox classes to GUE Tech1 classes!

I recommend everyone pursueing REAL tech diving to go for GUE.

Safe diving
:) HolgerS

HolgerS once bubbled...
I am diving for 12 years, being an active CMAS instructor and did the DIR-Fundamentals and the Tech-1 class this year!

Amazing, I relearnt diving! My personal opinion: in comparison to all courses from all agencies I watched so far, GUE has the REAL concept teaching for Tech. Very tough but really teaching the obvious right things for diving tech safely and challengingly.

I personally have decided to go for the Tech2 class also and to adapt my own Advanced Nitrox classes to GUE Tech1 classes!

I recommend everyone pursueing REAL tech diving to go for GUE.

Safe diving
:) HolgerS

While I'm sure GUE are just fine, they really aren't an option for many areas, and there are plenty of very good instructors around, yuou just have to find them - the agency is irrelevant, it's the instructor that counts - it is easy to forget that there are plenty of non dir groups around doing plenty of 'real' tech diving, whatever that means

F
( Grumpy today)

flw once bubbled...
...and there are plenty of very good instructors around, you just have to find them...
And in there lies the rub... Using the premise that your skills aren't very good and that the vast majority of divers out there skill's aren't very good and the vast majority of instructors out there skill's aren't very good, how to you go about finding the good ones?

You can't rely on yourself (you don't have the skills to recognize a good instructor).

You can't rely on others (the vast majority of them don't have the skills to recognize a good instructor).

You can't rely on the instructor, because even the bad ones (maybe *especially* the bad ones) think they walk on water.

At this point in time the only guarantee of getting a good instructor is going to GUE, due to the other agencies lack of quality.

Roak

Ps. Ever notice how *every* OW student's instructor was absolutely fantastic? They don't know good from bad. When I walked into my GUE Cave I class I didn't know good from bad. After that class I knew better, but the DIR-F class a couple years later took that knowledge even further, though even now I'm by no means an expert...

roakey once bubbled...

And in there lies the rub... At this point in time the only guarantee of getting a good instructor is going to GUE, due to the other agencies lack of quality.

I love this Internet brainwashing that GUE has perfect instructors and perfect students. Someone is trying very hard to change "its not the agency its the instructors" to "its not the instructors its the agency".

If all the instructors for all the other agencies are so damn bad, show me the body bags.

chrpai once bubbled...
If all the instructors for all the other agencies are so damn bad, show me the body bags.
Read Alert Diver sometime.

If you've got an answer to the question, "How does someone looking for better skills separate the good instructors from the bad ones, when you lack the skills to make the determination yourself?" I'd like to hear it.

Otherwise GUE at the moment [did you get that part? It's in my first post too] is the only guarantee.

Roak (a far from perfect student, wherw do you antis come up with this stuff?)

Genesis once bubbled...
... should not be part of your class.

With GUE it is, unfortunately.

Is this based upon your experience during one of the many GUE courses you taken?

In fact, this statement is simply untrue. My GUE instructor is happy to tell you that, after or outside of the class, whether you choose to adopt the system you've just paid to learn is up to you. Then he tells you why it works as well as it does.

roakey once bubbled...

Read Alert Diver sometime.

If you've got an answer to the question, "How does someone looking for better skills separate the good instructors from the bad ones, when you lack the skills to make the determination yourself?" I'd like to hear it.

First off its a mute point because GUE doesn't teach at the OW level anyways. So the beginner diver doesn't have access to this "guaranteed" solution.

Second off since GUE advertises on the internet and then flys in, the student never really has the chance to evaluate first hand prior to the class the compentencies of the instructor.

Third off, your assumption that all instructors for a given agency are perfect and that its a crap shoot with every other agency is just pure bull ****.

Have you personally evaluated every single instructor that GUE has? If not, how can you make the guarantee?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom