GUE Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yepper... It does include gases. We don't need boats over here. You can find 200+ within 100m of a bunch of dive sites. And all dive sights are within a 30min drive.

OUCH! I did find out that He is $1.00 per ft3!!!! That sounds outrageous. What are the prices around you?

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...
:wacko: Aha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Stop it! I'm laughing so hard I can hardly reach the keyboard! Not.... He-he-he-he!......When exactly did that come about?:rofL:
I questioned what I knew. I allowed my beliefs to be challenged. I changed the way I had been diving for many, many years. I was given a sound foundation such that I'm better equipped to evaluate new ideas, methods and procedures.

You, however, appear to know it all.

Just who's arrogant here?

Roak

:rolleyes: Heck, no, Sunny Jim, I don't know it all, nor do I claim to! I'll be learning for the rest of my life, or at least making the attempt to do so!

My problem is with people who automatically label any criticism as: "...the usual misquotes and bad assumptions..." and then go on to offer personal insult, as in: "...must be a product of public education..."! My problem is also with those same people who, having willfully and blithely offended others, seem surprised when they object, claiming that the offended parties are either: "ranting" or "whining"!

I will say this once again, for the record. No, I am not anti-DIR, nor am I anti-GUE. Both the system and the teaching of it have much that is admirable.

I truly don't give a monkey's toss, as one of our other writers puts it, if you wish to strap weights to your body with barbed-wire and dive naked. Have at it, brother. Have a good time!

But when someone says that the only way to get other agencies on a par with GUE is: "...if GUE goes into the toilet...or the other agencies climb out of theirs..." I, and most other people, define that as simplistic arrogance, deserving of contempt! :livid:

roakey once bubbled...
I keep thinking someday y'all would outgrow the behavior of picking a fight and whining when we fight back, but it's been going on for years and I guess it'll continue...

"Hi, Kettle... yeah this this the Pot -- you're black!"

Sorry bud, but you pretty much started this when you put down all divers, instructors, etc.

cornfed once bubbled...

"Hi, Kettle... yeah this this the Pot -- you're black!"

Sorry bud, but you pretty much started this when you put down all divers, instructors, etc.

Drew,

I pretty much said the same thing to Roakey in my post above, but your comment was a lot more concise, and a heck of a lot funnier! Good one!:rofL:

BigJetDriver69 once bubbled...

Drew,

I pretty much said the same thing to Roakey in my post above, but your comment was a lot more concise, and a heck of a lot funnier! Good one!:rofL:

Ya know... I've reached the conclusion that it probably wouldn't matter what the topic was (i.e. guns, boats, planes, surf boards, etc), you guys would still find a way to needle each other because you get so much darn enjoyment out of it.

:D

wb416 once bubbled...

Ya know... I've reached the conclusion that it probably wouldn't matter what the topic was (i.e. guns, boats, planes, surf boards, etc), you guys would still find a way to needle each other because you get so much darn enjoyment out of it.

That's what happens on rec.scuba.

It's threads like this that help this place degenerate into rec.scubaboard.com. For me Scubaboard used to be a place I enjoyed visiting but lately with all the sockpuppets and people arguing DIR against Anti-DIR it's getting very old. Yes, I've taken GUE classes. Yes, I think it's a very good diving education. Yes, I will recommend it to anyone who is interested; and no I won't shove it down anybody's throat. No, I don't care if everyone is GUE trained. No, I don't think it's for everyone. No, I don't think people who are not GUE trained are strokes. I could go on and on but it just don't matter. There are arrogent people on both sides of the fence. I've had "non-DIR" people slam me without me saying anything about DIR or even taking the time to get to know me; but honestly I could care less. I know alot of great divers who are good people who are not GUE trained and it just don't friggin matter to me! The minute you people start getting overly worked up over this stuff is the minute you need to turn off the computer and go diving; but that's just my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom