GUE Tech 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d33ps1x once bubbled...

[snip]
Uncle Pug - Been listening to the s*@ on this board and watching threads get hijacked by people like you for 6 months before commenting at the end of yet another four page war that started with yet another simple question. This is the first and the last you'll hear about it from me. Going off once in 6 months on a topic that I see you whining over daily hardly requires me to lump myself in with you. How did you and roaky get through the door anyways? So run along and see if you can still pass the minimum fitness requirements in your fundamental(ists) manual son. Thanks for demonstrating the old saying about opening your mouth and proving it.

While it might be true that Roger has never been one of the more diplomatic ambassadors for GUE/DIR (based on reading his stuff for the last 4 or so years), Uncle Pug HAS been.

Maybe it's your nature to be inflammatory, or perhaps you mistook something that UP said, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Jokingly, you sound like a former Drill Sgt of mine who would say, "...kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out...".

However, I would ask "Please support the use of precision guided weapons and leave the nukes in the closet." :boom: Make it a policy to avoid collateral damage. :)

regards,
bob

pwfletcher once bubbled...

Hmmm ... I do not know anything about TDI. However, after that crazy statement I had to find out if what you said is true. Apparently, it is not. Click the following link to find out what it takes to be an Entry Level Trimix Instructor for TDI:

http://www.divetekadventures.com/Classes/InstructionInstructorTrimixEL.htm

It takes significantly more than you indicated!

It's not juist that GUE instructor but all of them who have to do it that way.

I know personally of one TDI instructor who got his cert that way and anecdotally of at least 4 more who have got theirs the same way. The fact that the instructor I know is by far the best non-GUE instructor I have met so far in my short 7 year diving career is incidental... :wink:

It is not so much the level of the standards that sets GUE apart, it's their adherance to them.

Chris

detroit diver once bubbled...

PS Did you come from rec.scuba?????;-0

Never seen him. Painter?

wb416 - Fair enough. I don't think I aimed anything at the entire DIR population. I aimed it at the overzealous fundamentalists who can't help but open their yaps and put people off. People like Roaky or whatever his name is throwing s*&# bombs into a thread to see what happens. Sorry if I got any on you along the way.

Detroit Diver - I believe it has a lot to do with UP's post topic that went along with his text which when combined insinuated I was one of the whiney pissy ppl I was referring to. If you gonna sling s*&# expect to smell bad.

As far as calling him son that was in fact purely inflammatory and self satisfying on my part. Don't expect me to call him sir or Mr. Uncle Pug anytime soon though.

The mirror on the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d33ps1x once bubbled...
I really can't stand the unusual number of whiney, pissy, sneering, insecure little buggers I've met along the way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps this is a pre-sort... culling out the whiners before they can get in the door.

Don't get in the way of the "ass"imilation. The borg may advertise anywhere they wish. :mean:

chrpai once bubbled...

Funny how Detroit Diver criticizes rec.scuba now. He had NO problem trolling over their when he was spamming for students for his DIR class.

http://tinyurl.com/vxh5

chrpai once bubbled...

Funny how Detroit Diver criticizes rec.scuba now. He had NO problem trolling over their when he was spamming for students for his DIR class.

http://tinyurl.com/vxh5

Hey Painter,

I don't have a DIR class. I'm not an instructor.

Also, I'll let normal people (and that doesn't include you) decide what rec.scuba is about. Most will conclude that it is a free-for-all stag party with language suited for the same. On the odd occasion that diving is talked about, it's usually in some derogatory fashion.

The only one screaming spam over there is Mossman, and the rest of you parrot him. You're not even clever.

Thank you.

I got like a whole 7 minutes here Happy B-Day DD....I had no idea....

I hoisted a few in celebration this evening!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom