Suggestion Hoosier Quarry Commando's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meister481:
I'm diving tomorrow at blue springs. They have a cabana set up on the deeper dock.

Is that at the north pier?

I like the plain Quarry Commandos... with the state subsections. I think that makes alot of sense. But whatever... I'm an easy chic to get along with! :wink:

If I had to vote I would vote no. What I see is having several groups (KPP, MMD, etc) and then throw in on top of that, the quarries. Let's face it folks, probably 90% of the diving that is done inland is in quarries. So that means that each state should have a sub forum of the quarry commandos.

Also the MMD was set up for those in the non great lakes area so post in it. Even the KPP has two groups that post in the same forum. One group lives west and the other east.

erparamedic:
Maybe it could be the "Midwest Quarry Commandos".

That actually makes more sense doesn't it? We're still considered midwest... but not muck divers, not great lakes divers.

I like...

Midwest Quarry Commandos

Sorry, Meister... it's kind of a hijack... but I think it makes sense. (Maybe?) :wink:
Serious question- what is the non-geographic difference between a muck diver and quarry commander?

Hmm. If I understand your question I would say that a muck diver is usually a person that dives in low viz. My signature came from the MMD logo and says a lot. A quarry commando I guess doesn't have to be diving in low viz.

OK, fair enough. I always thought that muck diving was synonymous with quarry commando. Really, the vis in the quarries isn't always 150' of vis. I don't see that big a difference, but more power to ya if you get your own forum.

I will say that quarry diving has it's own peculiarities- I think it's more social than boat diving since the divers aren't rushing, puking, or limited to two dives. :D And I have noticed that the seasoned quarry divers add a bit of tailgating to the mix.

Don't think I have ever seen 150' viz in a quarry. Maybe 15'.

We do tend to socialize more on quarry dives than those done on a boat, at least from my experience.

Back
Top Bottom