Intro to Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat:
Absolutely. Like Humba I too am not yet ready for doubles yet I am taking the time to gather opinions and read up on doubles. Some of this thread has been very informative; most of it has been full of chuckles; and parts of it have me sighing and rolling my eyes. IB, a little information is a dangerous thing - but way way too much information can be just as bad. While your answer may certainly be approriate for some of your peers, for a newbie like myself and I suspect like Humba as well, the extra parts only serve to confuse. If a diver isn't quite ready for doubles yet what the hell would he do with stage bottles, argon bottles, deco bottles etc??

I guess what I'm trying to say is, tailor your answer to the question. No more no less. I've had more experienced buddies give me way more detailed answers to questions I asked than I needed, and in at least one case the result was that I needed someone to take me aside and straighten me out by telling me what parts of his advice I didn't need to follow yet, as they were getting tangled up with what I did need to know and follow.

Good post. Totally wasted on certain people, but good post nontheless.

MD

If a diver isn't quite ready for doubles yet what the hell would he do with stage bottles, argon bottles, deco bottles etc??

you forgot the kitchen sink

H2Andy:
If a diver isn't quite ready for doubles yet what the hell would he do with stage bottles, argon bottles, deco bottles etc??

you forgot the kitchen sink
And would that count as ditchable weight? If so how much?

:p

FreeFloat:
And would that count as ditchable weight? If so how much?
Depends if it's procelain or cast iron...

cornfed:
Depends if it's procelain or cast iron...

:eyebrow:

IndigoBlue:
Youre younger than I thought, MikeF, if you dont know what a hang tank is.

I think he just knows better than to use one :eyebrow:

Doubles in Dallas. I to was trained by Alec at Southern Scuba in Ft. Worth. I can personally highly recommend Alec, if you would like to venture into technical diving. There is also a place in North Dallas called Lone Star Scuba (Randy Diercoff). I as of yet do not know what much about them, but he is also an instructor trainer there.

I started out using them in TDI's staged decompression course. Once you get use to doubles, you will use them instead of your single. More balanced in the water, no movement - just a joy. Note it is a bit of an overkill for recreational diving.

I have a pair of 112s and i don't think i'd trade them for anything.

Here in oz we tend to use ATX regs for all our deep diving, but that,s my opintion?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom