Intro to Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed:
And your lack of judgement betrays you. I don't know who you're trying to impress here but you need to cut it out. Do you have any clue who you're talking too? I don't recall anyone asking humba what he is experience level is. In fact, the only discussion about his experience was in the opening post where he said he doesn't think he's ready. So please tell me, IB, why you are talking to him about hypoxic mixes and dives requiring 3 stage bottles?

Humma, please please please do not listen to IndigoBlue! The advice he is offering (while not inherently dangerous) is silly to be giving to someone that has as little experience as you suggested you have. He defends his arguments by belittling people that are actually trying to give you solid information. When getting advice from an anonymous source like this you should take everything with a grain of salt and talk to as many different people as possible. This will help you sort the good advice from the bad. Don't be surprised if IB's advice falls in the later category.
Absolutely. Like Humba I too am not yet ready for doubles yet I am taking the time to gather opinions and read up on doubles. Some of this thread has been very informative; most of it has been full of chuckles; and parts of it have me sighing and rolling my eyes. IB, a little information is a dangerous thing - but way way too much information can be just as bad. While your answer may certainly be approriate for some of your peers, for a newbie like myself and I suspect like Humba as well, the extra parts only serve to confuse. If a diver isn't quite ready for doubles yet what the hell would he do with stage bottles, argon bottles, deco bottles etc??

I guess what I'm trying to say is, tailor your answer to the question. No more no less. I've had more experienced buddies give me way more detailed answers to questions I asked than I needed, and in at least one case the result was that I needed someone to take me aside and straighten me out by telling me what parts of his advice I didn't need to follow yet, as they were getting tangled up with what I did need to know and follow.

Tom R:
What's a hang tank?

I think a hang tank is a decompression habitat.

:wave-smil
We all bow down before you Indigo Blue. :wink:

I dont profess to know jack about diving, technical included, but some things you have written on this thread (and elsewhere i believe) seem beyond reasonable, way too complicated and convoluted. Some sound like they are off the top of your head and guessing at stuff or a very old method that i have read about before, but hear isnt used any longer. I know others have slated you badly before, apart from the jibe (joke) just above i have nothing personally against you, i just wonder where you got some of that info from that you used to form those opinions?

simbrooks:
:wave-smil
We all bow down before you Indigo Blue. :wink:

I dont profess to know jack about diving, technical included, but some things you have written on this thread (and elsewhere i believe) seem beyond reasonable, way too complicated and convoluted. Some sound like they are off the top of your head and guessing at stuff or a very old method that i have read about before, but hear isnt used any longer. I know others have slated you badly before, apart from the jibe (joke) just above i have nothing personally against you, i just wonder where you got some of that info from that you used to form those opinions?

he wants us to bow to his hang tank

Tom R:
What's a hang tank?

I'm assuming this is what the rest of us would call a deco tank that is (A) hung off a bar, or (B) is on the boat with a 20' hose.

But at this point with Blue, I really have no idea anymore.

Mike, welcome to the "Hi, I'm Karl and you don't know Crap Club".

MD (I think)

jaydee197:
he wants us to bow to his hang tank
I thought you kind of hovered there (hopefully horizontally), not bowing down? Then breathe off it due to poor gas management?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom