• Yes, start a Non DIR Forum

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • No, leave things as they are!

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • It really does not matter.

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Detroit,
You are very correct. There was no intention of singling out only DIR, but there is no name for non-DIR that I could come up with.
As to the point about non-DIR only having experience, absolutely not. I have learned a great deal from classes and instruction from GUE. I appreciate it equally as I appreciate some other organizations.

I hope this clears up any gap left in my post above.

Couldn't agree more... Someone will ask a question then one of the DIR soldiers from the Gestapo will jump in and not answer the question but instead try to change the divers gear or what the diver wants
:confused:

I say give em the the DIR cult forum and set em loose in there so they can argue with each other about how much better there trim is then the next guy and how wonderful their pioneer wings are and then they can worship J.J the DIR Cult god.
:D

The rest of us can then sit back and laugh... same as watching Jerry Springer.
:D

But we dont' want to argue with each other- we want to argue wtih YOU!! :D

detroit diver once bubbled...

But we dont' want to argue with each other- we want to argue wtih YOU!! :D
From your neighbor across the river
lol:D

I know I know! That is what people are complaining about (and all kidding asside) detroitdiver I don't mean you. I know you are DIR and so are many other divers in here like UP. The difference between guys like you and UP and a guy like large_diver who wrote the best DIR post to date on this board (click link if you want to read it http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13471&highlight=mud+sling ) is while you guys may be advocates in something you believe in and I respect that... you have to admit that some not all of the DIR divers in here can be down right goofy in their demeanor and anyone who is on this board often enough knows who they are...hell I bet the the goofy ones know who they are. The problem is these guys go out and take the DIRF and come back to the board and stay to preach what most of the rest of us strokes are tired of hearing. After all look at what this thread is about. Once again I am not throwing you all in to the same pot of soup because peas and carrots may go together but they are not the same. These guys have to figure out the rest of the diving world doesn't give a frogs fat neutrally buoyant well trimmed ass about DIR or changing the way that strokes dive. These guys need to get over it. The rest of the world does not want to be a DIR diver and the more these guys push this the more they sound like a cult.
If it looks like it and sounds like it and smells like it then it probably is. Good day neighbor :wink:

A DIR forum would be great. That way, someone who was interested in DIR could find all the important info in one place. It would also help keep some of the other forums more on topic.

I think that DIR is something that people should discover for themselves. The forum would aid this process.

I personlly just switched to DIR due to reading about it first here on the forums. I like it and think it works well. However, I'm not going to be a jerk about it. Dive DIR or don't, dosn't really matter to me either way. I'm not going to refuse to dive with someone just because they own a ScubaPro BC. I don't promote DIR to anyone, as I would rather have them research it themselves and come to their own conclusions. If a separate forum were to start up, this would help those who were interested in DIR more that having a bunch of threads spread out all over. I think DIR is a great system, others don't.

Now THAT'S the spirit!

Cry Havoc and let loose the dogs of war.:mgun:

Q - "Can't we all just get along"

A - "No, where's the fun in that!?" :fist:

Don't you just love free speech.....

I agree with ElectricZombie, a DIR forum would help someone readily get information about it.

I for one was very confused by what DIR even stood for when I first joined scubaboard and had to do some searching around to find out what it meant.

My $.02

Aquagal

I thought this was the DIR forum!

But really, there are some folks on this board who are good recourses. If DIR/GUE or whatever is the source of their knowlege so be it. Do you want to lock them up in their own forum? You would have to identify the DIR minded people and restrict them to that forum because anything they say is likely based on that ideology.

Well since someone has seen fit to ressurect this thread, here is my personal opinon. No aditional forum is necessary or desirable.

I am not DIR. However, I am a better diver becuse of the DIR/Non-DIR discussions that I have read on this board. E.g., I know about alternate ways configurations, I have had bouyancy and trim beat into my psychie, etc. Is this bad? I think not.

I feel that I am capable of making the choice when presented with two different ways of doing something. I appreciate all suggestions both DIR and non-DIR alike and I have changed the way that I dive in direct response to some of these debates. :eek:ut: I say keep it the way that it is.

(In truth, the debate has abated somewhat and in all fairness the hijacking of threads has occured on both sides of the fence.)

Back
Top Bottom