looking for travel backplate reccomendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moosedaisy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Right now I've got a dgx steel backplate and wing (5lbs) that I wear for work. I'd like to get a back plate for travel. Is there a plastic back plate that would be recommended. I've seen some soft back plates but I think I'd prefer a rigid back plate. Any recommendations.

Not plastic - OxyCheq "dogbone"

Right now I've got a dgx steel backplate and wing (5lbs) that I wear for work. I'd like to get a back plate for travel. Is there a plastic back plate that would be recommended. I've seen some soft back plates but I think I'd prefer a rigid back plate. Any recommendations.

Keep in mind that Alu backplate will save you a whooping!!! 2-3 lbs in dry weight and you'll need 4 more lbs of lead to dive. I doubt plastic and/or soft ones are any better in that regard.

some people are constrained on luggage weight where a soft plate or aluminum plate or lightweight ss plate can make sense.

you can go with oxycheq/mares/apeks/piranha for soft plate, oxycheq/diverite/golem gear for lightweight ss, or any aluminum plate from about 20 sources. or the carbon fiber halcyon if cost doesn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom