Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully you missed enumerating the little USB clip that connects the USB cable to the Icon HD. Without it, you can't charge the unit or do any data connectivity to your PC.

If you do have it, BE SURE to set the clip on the Icon HD *BEFORE* you plug in the USB cable. Otherwise, you run a very high risk of shorting out the USB connection in the Icon and thus preventing it from charging or connecting to a PC.

BTW, so far I love my Icon, but I'd very saddened by the news of a September release of the air integration option. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and they won't charge us "early adopters" too much for the upgrade.

Hopefully you missed enumerating the little USB clip that connects the USB cable to the Icon HD. Without it, you can't charge the unit or do any data connectivity to your PC.

If you do have it, BE SURE to set the clip on the Icon HD *BEFORE* you plug in the USB cable. Otherwise, you run a very high risk of shorting out the USB connection in the Icon and thus preventing it from charging or connecting to a PC.

BTW, so far I love my Icon, but I'd very saddened by the news of a September release of the air integration option. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and they won't charge us "early adopters" too much for the upgrade.

gadgett......where did you purchaseyour solar charger and how much was it?

I got my Solio Magnesium Hybrid Solar Charger via eBay and it was $98.00 delivered. So far, so good, but I haven't really needed to use it to charge my Icon because I haven't been diving with it for months due to colder water. Am looking forward to having it handy, though, for when diving season ramps up.

looks like I will be purchasing a brand new Icon and am very excited! I was under the impression that it came with a transmitter for integrated air...

I understand now that it doesnt, but what kind of upgrade cost can we expect?

Thanks!!!

i just completed my first weekend of diving with my new icon hd. i LOVE it. downloaded the dives into the software log book and reviewed the dives. easy to use and read. i'm looking forward to wearing this thing out.........and the air upgrade when it comes out. Thanks mares for a great product!!!!

Mares,

I am wondering if you are planning on adding any dive maps of Koh Tao, Thainland. I will be getting my divemaster there in March 2011 and I know they give out something like 500,000 scuba certifications every year. Thus, there are likely many people who would be interested in purchasing dive maps of and around Koh Tao, Thailand.

Regards,
SFDiver

Hi Ronald,

I do not have exact costs, we are anticipating the transmitter portion of the computer to be between 500 - 600$. I think.. Again please don't quote me on this! I do know that we will be relative to comparable products already in the market. I hope this helps.

Best,

Little more than I expected... My lds guy said 100 to 200, which I knew was low, but he was making sure to seal the deal on a 1200 computer with beta software. Suunto air transmitter $334 scubastore,com/scuba-diving/suunto-transmitter-d9---vytec/4246/p . strech to compare to $600. I know you said not to quote you.. We'll all be watching, septemberish.

I was told $350-$450 by my LDS when I purchased my Icon HD. I believe they based their prices off of the other Transmistters on the Market.

Transmitters from Suunto, Aeris, Oceanic, and Uwatec are all in that same price range.

for $600 that Transmitter ought to have some fancy Underwater GPS to go with my Fancy colored maps :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom