Mares Icon HD upgrade...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While I live in the US and therefore this information is not that relevant to me, I thought I would share what I found:

Wrist Computer (Mares Icon HD Air): £669.95 (Due in Aug 11)
Transmitter (Mares Icon Transmitter): £399.95

Source:
Mares Icon HD Air | Dive Computers,Wrist Mounted | Simply Scuba UK
Mares Icon Transmitter | Dive Computers,Accessories | Simply Scuba UK

Cheers,

Jason

Hey Jason, - I'm in the US too, and I've been watching those items for awhile now...they keep pushing the dates back :( Local LDS was told first week of August though.....so we'll see! (i'm not holding my breath though!)

First UK batch apparently have been shipped. I'm just about to go and organise mine.

Does anyone know why Mares are making such a fuss about the transmitter being bi-directional - is it going to start manufacturing air if the computer tells it there's not enough air left, or will it automatically send a text message to the nearest bottle (DC) telling them you're on the way. What purpose can the transmitter have other than being a gauge and transmitting that info to the computer ???

I think I figured out the problem with Mares, they must have headquarters in the tropics where it is hard to tell when it is Spring and Summer. Hey guys, Spring has come and gone so you can now release the transmitter for the Icon HD! :mooner:

First UK batch apparently have been shipped. I'm just about to go and organise mine.

Does anyone know why Mares are making such a fuss about the transmitter being bi-directional - is it going to start manufacturing air if the computer tells it there's not enough air left, or will it automatically send a text message to the nearest bottle (DC) telling them you're on the way. What purpose can the transmitter have other than being a gauge and transmitting that info to the computer ???

Maybe when you're running low on air the transmitter switches to measuring another bottle in the vicinity that is not as empty :)

The Mares transmitter will come with a built in air reservoir so you never have to worry about running out of air. I'm expecting any spring now in living color.

I registered my Icon HD about 2 weeks ago together with my Mares dealer.

The registration process is quite extensive, and involves installing the most recent DiveOrganizer, importing a custom .REG file, performing a firmware upgrade of the Icon HD unit to at least 2.0 and filling out a web form with dealer information.

Note: The .REG file provided by Mares is only for Windows XP, so if the dealer uses Windows 7, the file content must be updated to allow import !

After rebooting the computer and connecting the Icon HD unit, a new "Update ..." menu item is show in DiveOrganizer under "Computer". This menu item starts the registration process by extracting the device ID, check it with a database at Mares and if verified, forwards you to a website, where the dealers information must be registered.

The web registration is not that well documented, because the documentation does not contain a description about the details that (the dealer) should enter. In general, all information should be related to the DEALER, NOT the end-customer !

Clarifications;
- The "Country" is the country of the dealers Mares distributor, not your home country (if those are not the same).
- The "Customer number" is the dealers customer number at the Mares distributor.
- The "E-mail adress" is for the dealer, not for the end-customer.
- The "Notes" field can be used by the dealer to enter the customers name or other detail that shows him what unit is for what customer ...

After submitting the web registration, the dealer should (within a few minutes) receive a confirmation e-mail from Mares to show that the process is successful.
And then you just have to wait for the dealer to inform you that the new unit has arrived :)

Have fun :D

Best regards,
Jakob

Last edited:
Hi all,
Well, some of you clearly have your ears and eyes to the ground on this. Yes, we will begin the upgrade process officially on 8/15/ in N. America. I think many of you have more details than the some dealers (somehow?) (Icongate?). We will notify all of our N. American dealer on Monday with the details of how the program works. I only tell you this because if you call them today or over the weekend they may be uninformed. I am making this short post, because I will be out of communication through Wed 8/11 with no internet access. So I apologize in advance if you try to speak with me directly. By Monday evening most dealers should be able to respond to your inquiries directly.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Best,

Hi all,
Well, some of you clearly have your ears and eyes to the ground on this. Yes, we will begin the upgrade process officially on 8/15/ in N. America. I think many of you have more details than the some dealers (somehow?) (Icongate?). We will notify all of our N. American dealer on Monday with the details of how the program works. I only tell you this because if you call them today or over the weekend they may be uninformed. I am making this short post, because I will be out of communication through Wed 8/11 with no internet access. So I apologize in advance if you try to speak with me directly. By Monday evening most dealers should be able to respond to your inquiries directly.

Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Best,

Thanks Zak! I'm sure it will be well worth the wait! Looks like I'm going to have to retire my Mission 1 after I get all upgraded!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom