NHL Strike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
Offer Rejected!!!
Where do you see that? Here is Betmann's reply

"The Union presented us with a proposal today that, clearly, they worked on for a long time. We wanted to give it at least a preliminary review before making any comments. "We will not discuss any of the specifics until we formally respond to the Union. To do otherwise would not be constructive to this process. However, I will acknowledge that one aspect of the proposal is very significant. That element is a recognition by the Union of our economic condition -- but it is a 'one-time' element.

"We have said consistently that the focus must be on the overall systemic issues and the long-term needs and health of the game. We will fully review the Union's proposal and respond next Tuesday. It is our present intention to make a counter-proposal."

Hey Jiveturkey,

I do agree with you on the cap..... I'm just venting. Although we do have the Aeros here in Houston, I do miss NHL games... and then, it's not as if you can just go out and pick up a game to play on any street.

Elevatorguy2:
With the NHL strike in its 6th or 7th week and about 70 or 80 games cancelled the question is, does anyone care?

I don't care!! Which sport is this by the way? :wink:

Awww, well you can always watch the minors, they are playing still. I know not the same but hey it's hockey

I can't believe their whining about making x million dollars. I think they've all smacked their heads on the ice a few too many times.

DMP:
Awww, well you can always watch the minors, they are playing still. I know not the same but hey it's hockey

Unfortunately here in Atlanta that isn't an option. I live about 30 minutes north of atlanta. It takes me about 30-40 minutes to make a game downtown (NHL Atlanta Thrashers) in rush hour traffic. Most of the weekday games are at 7 or 7:30, so you have to drive in rush hour. For me to see an Minor league game I have to drive over an hr to gwinett to see the Gladiators. This is an hour in no traffic, in rush hour it would take me 2+. I couldn't even make the games if I wanted to. I know this isn't really a gripe for most, but unfortunately here they made it to where the minor league hockey team isn't as easily accessible as the NHL team.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom