NHL Strike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jiveturkey:
I've been living in Asia for 4 years..... I finally come home and there is no hockey in Canada. I have to settle for the ' 72 summit series on dvd. My heart is wretching with that irony.

Gotta love that '72 series though. :wink:

So........This is all your fault, is it!!!

getwet2:
So........This is all your fault, is it!!!
Yikes!!! You can think it but don't say it. I'm likely to get tarred and feathered in this place.

Well the NHLPA met yesterday with the player agents and the result was absolutely nothing. I’ve listened to the reports and there are no reports of any dissention in the ranks. Goodenow has everyone towing the union line. This surprises me at least a little because I thought there would be at least some debate about ending this mess but nothing has come forward form this meeting. Although I’m an optimistic person by heart, I’m finding it difficult to see any NHL hockey on the horizon.

As much of a hockey fan that I am, I am finding myself not missing the game as much as I thought. My son invited me up to the Michigan State game last nite, and even though we lost, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Seats were a lot cheaper, too!!!

If I don't care that much anymore, my guess is that this league is in serious trouble, when/if they come back.

Looks like the Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers tried to make up for all the action we've missed during the hockey lockout last night. That's one of the most amazing (and frightening) displays of misconduct by EVERYBODY involved that I've ever seen at an indoor sporting event. The only things I can compare it to outside were the Ten Cent Beer Night in Cleveland in 1974 and a few European and South American soccer matches.

I am here in Toronto , the price for a ice level seat is 300 and up to 500 each for the playoffs,the Maple Leafs claimed they made only 15mill last year ,in an arena that seats 20thow ...and have been playing to sold out crouds since the 50ies. This city is the exception to the rule . Hockey is the third sport with Football and Basketball ahead of them,(the NHL wont admit it)the leauge as a hole ,players and owners, had better realize that the product is crap and fix this thing before they lose any more fans to the sport,I love hockey but to my surprise i dont miss the NHL. Paul

Watch for an offer to come from the NHLPA this Thursday. Chances are it won’t be that much of a change from their previous position. Heard from one of Betmans’ mouthpieces today that the league is willing to discuss everything that comes forward. I’ve also noticed lately that the rhetoric coming out of the NHL offices has been toned down.
Something else to consider is the value of the Canadian dollar. As it continues to rise some of the poorer Canadian teams are missing out on an opportunity to, if not move solidly into the black at least move a lot closer to breaking even. A position they haven’t been in for a very long time. Will we have hockey this season? The next week or two should hold the answers.

All I know by now is WHERE IS MY HOCKEY!!!!!!! whatever it takes, please make this work.

Back
Top Bottom