old regulators still being used ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a ScubaPro Mk1 that I got in a "Mystery Box" on eBay.

The tech at our shop rebuilt it and it works great.

Terry

scubapro50:
Do you still have an old regulator that you sometimes use ? I own a 1968 VOIT Titan II J and a 1970 U.S. Divers Aquamaster doublehose I sometime use. My newest regulator is a Mares Abyss I received after trading in a 1987 Dacor Pacer that was used every year by my wife until parts became hard to find. My "pride and joy" is a Scubapro MK10 from the 80s that I still have as my "backup" regulator.

I threw all my new regulators in here:

DSCF0002.jpg

Seemed like the thing to do when you have a Phoenix Royal Aqua Master:

DSCF0250.jpg

But then what beats a 1958 Mistral except a 1958 Mistral I have owned since given me in 1968 with brand new silicone hoses and mouthpiece and high performance silicone main diaphram and brand new and improved HP seat with silicone cage valves:

DSCF0221.jpg

And even better when being towed by something like this:

DSCF0136.jpg

leaving a trail of bubbles into the blue as I leave the poodle jacket crowd behind, it is going to be a great year:

DSCF0177.jpg

N, the future is double hose

Nice fire going there Nemrod :D

If and when I get the chance to dive vintage I use one of Roger's Voit's and twin 38's...but i might give his reg with the phoenix a go

i really want one of the phonix aquamasters,that would be my kind of koolaid,strap on the steel 72,no bc,im having flashbacks:confused:

Yea Nimrod, Love the phonix aquamaster. I'm in love with the SPG that is attached. Where can I get one?

Jeremy

The Phoenix conversion are a limited supply, hand produced item. They are available now to double hose divers in small quantity to allow us the freedom to use BCs and other stuff like that without adapters. They work only with Aqua Masters such as the DA and Royal. They do not alter the regulator, it is simply a new upgraded first stage assembly with LP and HP ports.

When they are gone, well, who knows.

N

If you are interested on a Phoenix Royal Aqua Master conversion you can buy it at:

http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=128

I think there are about 10 to 15 left, but I don’t think they are all going to be gone until after Sand Dog IV (our next vintage gathering in Florida). Like Nemrod said, we don’t know about the availability once these are gone.

You will need to fill out the waiver form, but believe the moment you order one it will be held for you until the sign form is received by Bryan.

You can read a lot more information under the vintage diving section on the message board:
http://www.vintagedoublehose.com/forum/index.php

The conversion is totally reversible and it uses the latest Conshelf heavy yoke and the most all the modern Aqua Lung replacement parts (same as the Conshelf and Titan).

You will need an Aqua Master or a Royal Aqua Master or you can buy a complete regulator already converted from VDH.

The Phoenix will convert either to a Royal AM with the balanced first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom