old regulators still being used ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
The Phoenix conversion are a limited supply, hand produced item. They are available now to double hose divers in small quantity to allow us the freedom to use BCs and other stuff like that without adapters. They work only with Aqua Masters such as the DA and Royal. They do not alter the regulator, it is simply a new upgraded first stage assembly with LP and HP ports.

When they are gone, well, who knows.

N

I wouldn’t call them exactly a “hand produced item”. They assembled one at a time, but the nozzles themselves are machined in numerically controlled lathe which allows low production runs.

will the phonix conversion work with high pressure tanks 3442 psi thermo valve?

I have a Dacor 950xl just had it overhauld,the orig parts where still in it,it worked fine.
But i went ahead and had it updated about three months ago,looking foward to diving with it.
My primary reg is a scuba pro MK 11 diaphram with R295 second
I dont know how much i will dive with 950 but i do know parts are going fast for it.
I found a dive tech who purchased alot of rebuild kits from mares before they discontinued there parts.
They told me the rebuild that i just had done should last several years but i should send it in each year to get checked any way.
some o rings may need replaced anually.

I've got 2 Healthways double hose regs and 2 DA Aquamaster regs, all fully functional. Well, one of the Healthways is partially disassembled, but it is still functional. I also have various USD single hose regs, like a Conshelf XI and an Aquarius, in working order. Most of my favorite gear predates me :)

divinginn:
will the phonix conversion work with high pressure tanks 3442 psi thermo valve?

Yes, the design of the Phoenix is mechanically a copy of the Royal Aqua Master. The US Divers Conshelf, the Titan, and many other Aqua Lung regulators first stages (including in part the Legend) are also mechanical exact copies of the RAM first stage. They are all rated for the same pressure.

The Phoenix Royal Aqua Master uses all the same parts as the Titan and Conshelf, including the heavy Conshelf yoke. If you are so inclined you could replace the yoke with the DIN adapter, but it will make it even longer.

I have used My Phoenix, including the experimental prototype with 3500 PSI.

Here are a couple of pictures of a friend borrowing the experimental first generation Phoenix. The experimental one didn’t have LP ports, just the HP ports. I was using the hookah adapter for LP air.
Notice the high pressure (3442 psi) 120 cu ft tank my friend was using.

kari_nubble2.jpg

kari_nubble.jpg

I got rid of my old Heathways and US Divers regulators when I moved. Wish I had kept them. The Heathways I bought new in 1960 with a tank from J.C. Penny. I was still using the tank in 1999, but was using a newer SAS Regulator.

"will the phonix conversion work with high pressure tanks 3442 psi thermo valve?"

If you can put a Titan on it then you can put a Phoenix on it. The yoke is stamped 232BAR. I do not recommend trying to adapt a DIN converter because of the added length of the assembly would just be to much in my opinion.

I have used my Phoenix at pressures of up to 3,500 psi with nothing but normal operation resulting.

N

427Dave:
I got rid of my old Heathways and US Divers regulators when I moved. Wish I had kept them. The Heathways I bought new in 1960 with a tank from J.C. Penny. I was still using the tank in 1999, but was using a newer SAS Regulator.
In the 60s you could buy SCUBA gear in a lot of different places .... there was J.C. Pennys, Sears, M. Wards and several "surf" shops that offered gear. I remember seeing Healthways gear in a Woolco Dept. Store in Pasadena Texas ..... no c-card required, just CASH !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom