oxycheq mach V questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artimas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Thinking about an Oxycheq mach V wing. If you have one, do you like it?

Will an oxycheq mach V wing fit on a Dive Rite SS backplate?
Do I need an STA to mount a single?
Will I need anything other than cam bands for a single tank setup?

Thanks.

.....well, I've got 3 Oxy Extreme wings (plus a 4th I gave to someone as a gift) so I guess I like 'em! I like the stability an STA provides, so I use those....if the plate and the wing have the industry standard 11" hole spacing, then, yes the wing will 'fit' onto the plate.....I'm using 2 tank cam bands per harness/wing/plate 'set up'. My Oxy singles wing has no 'slots' for cam bands, so I HAVE to use an STA to have a place to thread my cam bands.....my Oxy doubles wings do have 'slots' in the wing, so I can choose to run those cam bands either through the STA ...or... through the wing 'slots'.

I dive the Mach V, and I think it's the best singles wing available.

See what scubafanatic said about compatibility.

I dive the Mach V extreme 30# wing and love it.
I use the STA on my wing both to keep the tank in place and for the added weight.

Jim Breslin

Thinking about an Oxycheq mach V wing. If you have one, do you like it?
Seven dives so far, yes I like it

Will an oxycheq mach V wing fit on a Dive Rite SS backplate?
Yes, although I'm using to DiveRite al plate right now

Do I need an STA to mount a single?
No, I have had no stability issues with my lp95

Will I need anything other than cam bands for a single tank setup?
None other than your harness

Check out caveadventurers.com , had a good deal when I got mine.

I've got the 30# Oxycheq mach V wing and it is a sweet streamline wing. Very well mannered in the water and well made.
I use mine on a OMS SS Backplate. I have used it without a STA but prefer using the Oxycheq mini STA.

The Mach V is great (and I'm not talking about Speed Racer :D). OxyCheq says you don't need a STA, but I haven't tried it without one. Beautiful wing, very tight/streamlined.

Mike

I'm diving one w/ a Dive Rite SS plate. No STA used and find my HP100 quite stable using just the cam bands. I have an STA but just haven't bothered to use it. The top hole on the Mach V is a perfect fit, the bottom you have to maneuver slightly under the band but no biggie, especially if you use sex bolts. I find it so comfortable and streamlined that I sold my very well liked Zeagle Ranger after a 2 tank dive w/ the Oxycheq, plate and Dive Rite Transplate harness.

Thanks for the replies, all. Appreciate it.

One more question, though.

What are the practical differences between an extreme and signature wing?

The extreme uses a cover that you can throw darts at and not have them puncture the inner bladder - super tough against abrasion and cuts

The signature is a heavy duty cover - like most other wings on the market - still tough, but not cut-proof

Back
Top Bottom