oxycheq mach V questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I found a video describing it on the oxycheq web site after I posted this.

DR aluminium and SS plates are identical in every way dimension wise the only diff is the metal used and colour. I have both and use with Mach V wing no STA ,all good. Cheers

OK, I just got the wing and I'm mounting it on an OxyCheq SS Travel Plate (for now). I have the upper hole in the wing bolted to the upper hole in the plate. I suspect I could also use the other holes and move the wing up (or the plate down) but I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Any thoughts?

BTW, my Mach V DOES have slots for the cambands. They're kind of hidden behind the roll pillows.

I like the streamlined profile. I haven't gotten it wet yet but it looks like a nice wing.

Richard

I have the 30# Mach V and a OMS ss plate I found with the wing set all the way up the plate it limited my neck mobility so I have it set to the middle hole. It trimmed out well that way for me. Don't be afraid to move it and see how changes trim and comfort for you.

I'll join the chorus, I've got a Mach V 30lb Extreme wing on a DR aluminum plate and don't use an STA. Very compact and works well. I used sex bolts to mount it to the plate and two cam bands (mine is the older model without the builtin STA and has slots). I just ordered a 55lb Vertex doubles wing but Signature instead of Extreme (couldn't afford the latter). I believe all Oxycheq wings have 25 mil bladders which is the thickest out there other than DSS wings (30 mil).

I also dive the Mach V and I love it. I use an STA, but only my preference to add a little more weight and stability. Mine also has the built in anti-roll thingys and slots for cam bands. I've compared my wing to many other brands on various dive boats and Oxycheq seems as good if not better in quality than many of the major brands out there. I've also gotten many compliments on how streamlined my wing is. My wing is red and is matched up to a HH plate. It doesn't look red underwater though. :doh2:

So, is the new style Mach V the one that has the cam band slots or the old style? I'm trying to figure this out to make sure that I can fit it on my apeks wtx harness. would prefer to not use a STA.

I have a Mach V Extreme on a Hollis SS plate. I am currently not using an STA with my HP80, but have noticed that I need one or at least another tank band with an AL80.

So, is the new style Mach V the one that has the cam band slots or the old style? I'm trying to figure this out to make sure that I can fit it on my apeks wtx harness. would prefer to not use a STA.

i would like to know the same thing. getting ready to buy my setup this week, so id like to know if i have to so i can go ahead and order everything.

and excuse the newbness, but no slots for the cam band means i have to get a STA correct? sorry, new to BP/W setups.

I have an Oxycheq wing with a Dive Rite Backplate. I am disappointed with the wing because the inflator hose it came with was very small and came apart in my last dive while I was hovering during a safety stop! The bubbles leaving the BC caused me to loose buoyancy and had to drop the weight belt. I would go for DSS wing instead of Oxycheq. I have seen them and they appear to be better put together than my Oxycheq.

Thinking about an Oxycheq mach V wing. If you have one, do you like it?

Will an oxycheq mach V wing fit on a Dive Rite SS backplate?
Do I need an STA to mount a single?
Will I need anything other than cam bands for a single tank setup?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom