Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not heard this before but it's a very good bit of information. I will email Urocare and see if they changed their formula... I'm testing some new silicone based glue, will post if its any better/worse/etc...

Pretty sure I had some bad luck with the last glue I ordered. That was when I was having all sorts of problems with it not holding for an entire day.

I accidentally didn't close it all the way the last time I used it and it hardened. I ordered some more and have been pleasantly surprised that it's VERY sticky. I did a full day of diving (put it on at 5am and took it off around 4pm) and had no leaks from the she-p. Unfortunately, I dumped water down my neck seal twice and it made it all the way down to the crotch area and then I got worried that I was leaking....nope, yay for sticky glue!

Anyone else ever get unlucky and have glue that's not quite as sticky?

I did my first cold water dive after a few weeks off...partly due to a week of diving in the blissfully warm waters of Palau....anyways, I was reluctant to use my She-P on the first dive, whining to myself, "Noooooo, I don't want to go to the trouble to put all that garb on!" I was cold and did not want to peel off my clothes to put the device on. But when I had to cut the dive short because I had to PEE, I decided to use it on the second dive. I ran to the bathroom, dabbed glue, pressed in place, scooted outside...all done fairly fast because my dive buddies were waiting for me. Volia! We had a long leisurely dive, no leakage. Yay!

Also, I want to thank everyone who posts to this forum on this topic! It has sure helped me out to share thoughts and ideas. I wrote about my She-P learning curve adventures on our ScubaGadget site. I don't think I would be as confident using the She-P had it not been for the support and sharing amongst us all.

Chaela
ScubaGadget

i've just had a week of daily cave diving, and have some pearls to share. (sat through fri diving, no she-p mishaps! ok, except once when the weenis came out of the she-p.)

1 - even if you're on the trip with your bf, husband, or fb, use lubes with discretion. we've had days where we *both* had failures from lube, even after showers that we thought were good scrubs.

2 - use non-moisturizing soap for your girlie bits. my usual body wash has moisturizers & skin conditioners & prevents a good stick. if you have sensitive skin, maybe avoid deodorant soap, but plain ivory is your friend.

3 - i had good luck with baby oil in the shower to get off the glue, then a soap wash. then in the morning, another soap wash, even if that's all i washed.

4 - IF YOU HAVE A VALVE WITH A BOLT AND YOU HAVE A MAJOR DE-STICK OR YOUR WEENIS COMES OUT OF YOUR SHE-P, *CLOSE THE BOLT!* otherwise, you'll ship major water. maaajor water. you'll be dejected and snappy and depressed, and your dive will be ruined. and the rest of your day, too. or maybe that's just me. anyway, i didn't know to close the bolt with a major failure, but i do now. my weenis came out of the she-p and i hadn't used the she-p so i thought 'no biggie, not much to leak'...but i was WRONG!

5 - if you have a balanced valve, consider leaving the bolt open. here's what i found - if i peed, then made pretty sure the reservoir was emptyish, then closed the bolt, the valve balanced and i felt sloshy instead of secure because of the extra air in the line. it made me worry that i was leaking, when i was just sloshing in the reservoir. so i started leaving the bolt open and just swimming normal, and it felt much better to me. i didn't have the leak feeling. anyway, give it a try & see how you feel.

6 - keep some baby wipes in your dry suit bag. they are helpful.

i'd love to do the laser thing. i get horrible shave bumps. maybe with next year's tax refund...

i've just had a week of daily cave diving, and have some pearls to share. (sat through fri diving, no she-p mishaps! ok, except once when the weenis came out of the she-p.)

Ahhhh, so it's not just me! Zip tie that sucker in there and the slipping out issue becomes a non-issue :D

BTW, I'm with you on the laser....oh how I wish I could afford that!

maybe while i'm on a trip, but i store it separate, so not for always. it's a good idea, anyway!

How much was lasering and how long did it take?? I'd love to get that done...

If you are getting razor bumps it helps to exfoiliate first and never shave against the grain. The first few times I had problems but once I started doing that I haven't had any problems shaving.

I just stopped using the tubing extension, and plugged the QD directly into the end of the She-P. Presto, minus one failure point.

lynne, no pain from the qd rubbing on your pubic bone? that's what stops me trying that, thinking it will hurt.

sas, i'm the folliculitis queen no matter what. :(

I have it set up with QD direct to She-p as well and haven't had pain on my pubic bone.

That's annoying that you react badly to shaving :S

Ahhhh, so it's not just me! Zip tie that sucker in there and the slipping out issue becomes a non-issue :D!

That was a great idea Nicole! Connections to the extention look rock solid :)!

Did you also zip tie the connections to the QR? Those joints look harder to pop.

Back
Top Bottom