Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hooray! glad to be helpful.

I was in Mexico for the first time late last year and listened to a very detailed conversation about the benefits of a P-valve and the she-p. I don't do long dives or even dive that much anymore so you might wonder why I need one, I don't like to dive in places where there are no facilities and for years I have probably dived dehydrated which I have always know isn't a good idea and even worse now I am getting older.

A few weeks ago I came across this thread and it made me think as I want to return to Mexico later this year. So after reading and rereading I decided to take the plunge and purchase the She-P. Even though I am based in the UK, I bought one from Laura at She-P North America as it had a nice easy checkout facilities. Thankfully it arrived in a non branded packaging :), I picked it up from the postoffice on Friday as it had been there since Monday. They had been out of stock so it took about a week to arrive, which is pretty good.

Anyway I'll stop rambling, I decided to test it today and although the first effort was a
disaster the second wasn't too bad, I'll need to do a few more tests before I buy a P-valve and holing my suit.

So thanks everyone for the thread, it has been most helpful.

Anyway I'll stop rambling, I decided to test it today and although the first effort was a
disaster the second wasn't too bad, I'll need to do a few more tests before I buy a P-valve and holing my suit.

So thanks everyone for the thread, it has been most helpful.

Ummm :blush: . . . for those of us who aren't there . . . yet . . .

Would you share with us what went wrong? Thanks!

I was in Mexico for the first time late last year and listened to a very detailed conversation about the benefits of a P-valve and the she-p. I don't do long dives or even dive that much anymore so you might wonder why I need one, I don't like to dive in places where there are no facilities and for years I have probably dived dehydrated which I have always know isn't a good idea and even worse now I am getting older.

A few weeks ago I came across this thread and it made me think as I want to return to Mexico later this year.

Hi Fiona, She-P resistance is futile :) And Mexico is calling! :)

Fiona, I hope you are using the Urobond adhesive, and not the spray? The spray is definitely hit or miss.

Fiona, I hope you are using the Urobond adhesive, and not the spray? The spray is definitely hit or miss.

Actually I have no problems with the spray, but you need to let it set for five minutes, otherwise it doesn't work well.

Jax I don't know what I was doing wrong, probably just a positioning issue, yes I bought the Urobond adhesive it seemed quite tacky as soon as I started to apply it, so I don't think I wasn't letting it dry enough.

Hi Karen - already planning the return trip. Sadly it will still only be caverns though. :)

Fiona, yes, make sure to let the urobond dry past tacky before you try to apply it. if you put a thin layer of urobond on both you and the device, then let it dry for few minutes before you apply, the layers will stick together very well.

I realize I will have to take the plunge to do the kind of diving I want to do, but :doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom