Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can actually look at the Urobond on the device . . . if any of it looks wet, it isn't ready yet. It should have a dull, matte appearance.

I've recently found that applying the device while sitting on the toilet seat works very well -- if you pull your buttocks up on either side, the whole perineum flattens beautifully and makes application a no-brainer.

I've recently found that applying the device while sitting on the toilet seat works very well -- if you pull your buttocks up on either side, the whole perineum flattens beautifully and makes application a no-brainer.

Thank you I shall have another test run this weekend :blush:

Hey - any diaper advice for people in the learning curve?

I read somewhere that baby diapers are better than Depends . . . something about the baby diapers are made to contain fluid while Depends don't hold as much? :idk:

Jax I don't know what I was doing wrong, probably just a positioning issue, yes I bought the Urobond adhesive it seemed quite tacky as soon as I started to apply it, so I don't think I wasn't letting it dry enough.

Hi Karen - already planning the return trip. Sadly it will still only be caverns though. :)

But the caverns are very beautiful too :)!!!

I've been applying the first coat of Urbond to the device before jumping into the shower. Step out, dry off - then apply the second layer to the device.

Next use a blow dryer to make sure I'm totally dry down there, then use the blow dryer to make sure the urbond is dry enough. A third layer on the very back of the device, a layer on me only where the back of the device touches the skin.

I've probably done 65 dives with it since November without a single leak or failure - thanks to all the great advice on this thread!!

I used the spray a few times. Once felt it was not sticking and confirmed it top side without a disaster. So don't trust it either!

I realize I will have to take the plunge to do the kind of diving I want to do, but :doh:

Oh Jax - it's no big deal to use and makes diving so much more comfortable!

Last edited:
Oh Jax - it's no big deal to use and makes diving so much more comfortable!

:rofl3: Yeah, but I know me! I'm just wondering how many times I'll glue my parts together . . . . :rofl3:

Finally bite the bullet...new thread to follow tomorrow.
I see gluing mishaps in my future...rofl

Happy Diving!
Elena
www.gardencovedivers.com

:idk: What's wrong with this one?

When I was getting ready to order a jar of Uro Bond from Amazon, I saw something called Osto Bond that could be ordered from Walgreens. I ordered a jar but haven't picked it up yet. Has anyone tried it? I want it to work because it's only $12!

Edit: just read She-P FAQ. Untested adhesives may damage She-P. Darn.

I googled Uro-Bond . . . there's a Uro-bond III and a Uro-Bond IV . . . . .

Is there a difference? Which is best?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom