Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a long day yesterday. Glued the She Pee on around 8:30am and removed it at 10pm. Did two 70 minute dives throughout the day.

Couldn't remove the device till I made it home, the final use was topside around 9pm.

Guess what? Using the glue method I described several posts back http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5713095-post144.html- not a drop leaked all day!

yes, nicole, soap *without* moisturizers is best, i found. it doesn't have to be something harsh like dial, but just ivory or something without the moisturizers.

yay, kathy!!

Beiji, if you're using a cap on the She-P, the trick is figuring out exactly how much to compress the device before putting the cap on. If you don't compress it at all, you'll sit down and one of two things will happen -- either the seal will blow and you'll leak whatever is still in the reservoir, or all the air will go up your vagina, which isn't harmful but it isn't comfortable, either.

If you compress it TOO much, the suction will pull skin into the reservoir, and the sensation is one of pinching. I prefer to err in the "not compress much at all" direction.

Reactions: Jax
Beiji, if you're using a cap on the She-P, the trick is figuring out exactly how much to compress the device before putting the cap on. If you don't compress it at all, you'll sit down and one of two things will happen -- either the seal will blow and you'll leak whatever is still in the reservoir, or all the air will go up your vagina, which isn't harmful but it isn't comfortable, either.

If you compress it TOO much, the suction will pull skin into the reservoir, and the sensation is one of pinching. I prefer to err in the "not compress much at all" direction.

:fear:

:snicker:

yes, nicole, soap *without* moisturizers is best, i found. it doesn't have to be something harsh like dial, but just ivory or something without the moisturizers.

yay, kathy!!

Thanks, Marci! I'm thinking one of my problems is the moisturizer....and another may be that I don't shower just before putting the she-p on. Most of the time, we're out of the house by 5:30am and I just can't get myself to get up early enough to shower, dry myself, and hydrate enough before leaving....but I think I'm paying the consequences. I'll give it a try (think we have a charter set up for this Sunday).

Thanks!

if you don't want a full shower, just a 'w h o r e's bath' with soap & a good rinse is fine!

Nicole, you don't have to shower. A washcloth and some soap will do.

Jax, I'm a doctor, what did you expect?

Oh, now I understand, and I think that is what BabyDuck was saying too. I forgot that I had put the cap on after I disconnected the hose. I didn't compress it at all, and the seal didn't blow, so maybe it had the right amount of air. I was standing out in the cold when I disconnected, and I had the car quite warm when I was driving home - trying to warm up from the 35° water - and I think air expands as it warms up. Maybe it was something else, such as positioning. :idk:

I was very happy the Hollister spray worked. After reading all the posts on this thread, I thought maybe only Uro-Bond would work well.

Nicole, you don't have to shower. A washcloth and some soap will do.

Jax, I'm a doctor, what did you expect?

Oh, it wasn't about your description, it was about the most excellent description giving me a sympathy pain! . . . er, pinch . . . uh, blo . . . nvrmd. :rofl3:

Kind of like the guys all wincing when one of their own gets it right in the crotch! :wink:

:lol: I fully expect to duplicate many of the "oh s***" moments described in this thread! :rofl3:

What I found was the Hollister spray didn't last as long, and had more small leaks. But then again, I have learned a lot about using the device since those days. The Urobond, properly applied, works so well the biggest problem is getting the thing off at the end of the day without hurting yourself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom