Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know; I've only used the Urobond IV.

ditto.

the shipping is what's killer on the urobond. i'm out, but gonna get some at extreme exposure next time i'm in nfl.

Amazon has a 3 oz jar for 42.99 with free shipping. And I just found out that Walgreens can get the Hollister spray by tomorrow, which means I will have some adhesive for this weekend. Yay!

I've used the She-P twice by itself, but I'm finally getting the p-valve installed in my drysuit.

Last edited:
Well,.... after almost a week of cave diving (had to switch to my back- up suit today (no P-valve) because of leaks in the primary), I can claim about 85% success with the She- P. I had one major failure & 1 small leak all week. Other than that, I was completely dry, well hydrated & comfortable. What a change that thing has made!

I put on my She-P at home using Hollister adhesive spray, added a little tape at the front, used two thongs, a pad, and then boy shorts. Tried it out at home, and good to go. Picked up my drysuit with newly installed p-valve, drove to the lake, and tried it out as soon as I was hip deep in the water. Complete success. I'm very happy. I didn't have to go behind a building and get half undressed and hope I wouldn't pee all over myself.

It was a little uncomfortable when I was driving, but nothing I can't live with.

play around a bit with how much air is in it 'dry', before you hook it to your valve. too much and you'll blow it out sitting on it, not enough & you'll feel 'pinchy'.

when diving, i leave the bolt open and the fluid column won't compress, of course. then, when i'm getting out, i try to squeeze my thighs together to 'empty' the reservoir, at least mostly. then when the balance chamber balances, be careful not to sit on top of it because it will be full of air again. something to note - if the reservoir is partly wet & partly air, you'll feel the sloshing & might worry that you're wet, but you likely aren't.

BabyDuck, the She-P was uncomfortable when I was driving, not when I was diving. I didn't have the drysuit on when I was driving. Lol I attached it at home and then drove to the dive shop, the lake, the shop again, and back home. I noticed it the most when I was driving home after diving. It was a kind of pinchy feeling. I have a manual transmission, so I have to move my legs a lot when I'm driving. Maybe the She-P shifted some. But no leaks, so I shouldn't complain! :dork2:

I've recently found that applying the device while sitting on the toilet seat works very well --

I can report a totally dry test today, fitted the device as Lynne suggested and unlike last week I fitted the extension tube to the device which as previously mentioned probably lessens the pressure, I also probably used more of he Urobond. I have just removed it after about wearing it for about 6 hours and 3 visits to he bathroom - not a drop on me :)

To be honest I was a little surprised as I thought I had positioned it a little too far forward, but must have been OK and positioned the front first. Another dry test next week and then I'll order the P-valve and get the suit done.

Thank you Ladies.

BabyDuck, the She-P was uncomfortable when I was driving, not when I was diving.

yes. read the first two sentences again.

Just curious....do you use any special soap to clean down there? I know moisturizer will make the glue not stick well, but what about soap with moisturizer? Maybe that's the reason I still leak occasionally...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom