Scuba Mau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know Jerry dived -- I think he said something like it replaced psychedelics for him. Not saying that I've got anything to replace, but diving definitely has that effect on me. :wink:

Have you ever seen the video of Jerry charming an eel in Hawaii? If not, it's a treat. YouTube - Jerry Garcia Hawaii 1991 part 1 .

As for quotes, I'll raise you: "Cue balls made of Styrofoam, and noone's got the time. . ."

Magna Boxer must be tall and cannot stand with knees extended to pay for his/her diving
My reasoned response to this comment is "huh?"

Jerry designed or at least let his name to wetsuits and polar fleece made by Henderson. I still have one in great condition. When the water temp is right, its my favorite one to wear!

I think dogface79 needs to elaborate on his cryptic post.

Its to bad that Undercurrent now only has the Chapbook on line now. I think you have to be a subscriber to look at it. In the past years, I passed my copy on to friends planning dive trips.

I have never dove with SM and really have no desire to. I have my favorite dive op but have dove with several others in the past few years. I find the "mouthpiece" stuff and the defensive attitude of the mouthpiece a real turnoff. I have showed and read some of these posts to my uninvolved, interested and non posting husband who remarked that either those prolific posting SM supporters have a investment in the business or Opal and Mau have established a small cult of "Mauites" who's mission is to take over the diving world. I imagine I will get flamed for this but thought his remark was pretty funny.
I think it is great when a company done its job well and has established a loyal following. Its the goal of any person in business for themselves. It might be time for some to temper their remarks in order to let all the hard work pay off.

Dogface79-ever heard this old saying: "A man never checks behind the door unless he's stood there himself"...?

I have showed and read some of these posts to my uninvolved, interested and non posting husband who remarked that either those prolific posting SM supporters have a investment in the business or Opal and Mau have established a small cult of "Mauites"

It's funny Judy. "Cult" is EXACTLY the word I used last night with someone. But I've wondered about the investment angle myself on occasion. :D

Better luck next trip. Who would you dive, and where would you stay?

While I hesitate to speak for anyone, in his first or second post, he said he nearly went back to BA (meaning Blue Angel) after the first day. From that I'd read that is his preferred op. Where he'd stay is a question I don't know the answer to. Maybe Blue Angel?

I never check a poster's posts to see if s/he has any experience in travel or scuba. I figure the info would be in profile if s/he wanted it known, but sometimes feel asking is appropriate.
It's funny Judy. "Cult" is EXACTLY the word I used last night with someone. But I've wondered about the investment angle myself on occasion. :D
Haha I have thot that about a lot of the Coz fans here who tout their favorites when asked for dive Op suggestions, not having any idea what the other person wants in an Op. I too tend to lean toward the last Op that made me happy with a trip, wherever it was.

Sounds like Magna was happy with BA diving and hotel both, and there is certainly a lot to like about both. The hotel went up too much for my taste but it's still a good buy, great staff. I was fine at Villablanca with the deal I found, but that name :search: easily and it's not hard to see that it gets mixed reviews. Pros & cons to both, as with all hotels I suppose, and with all Ops.

Last edited:
Don, it boils down to comfort zone, Hotel Cozumel and Scuba-Du seem to work for me. I've
stayed north at El Coz and south at the Reef Club, and El Cid, dove with Sand Dollar and Dive Paradise, and would really like to try something different. This thread has a lot of food for
thought, but IMHO has run it's course, time to put a bullet in it. Can't help but admire the
passion for diving, and Cozumel on display here.

Back
Top Bottom