So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And continued with DS9 and Voyager. I've been too scared to watch Enterprise or the other new ones.

Enterprise was good, and later on they had the Marines to do the Ensign Ricky dying routine.

R&D in China does not mean Research and Development it means Receive and Duplicate.
That reminds me when the Italian tripod manufacturer was trying to set up manufacturing in China. The deal went through, but the Chinese had enough information that they stole to make fairly decent tripods that they sold for about half price. Gitzo couldn't do anything about it. I can't remember the company name, as this happened over a decade ago, but these tripods were pretty good, and with no R&D costs and actual manufacturing costs being so low, it was pretty much all profit.

Was lucky enough to get away for some local diving at the weekend (we had a 4 day holiday & are not on lockdown)..

14 shore dives, 3 nights accommodation, 4 day scooter rental, ferry to the island.. all up about USD200

Couple highlights.. apart from all the green sea turtles, and some enormous titan triggerfish, we found a flamboyant cuttlefish on a night dive which are just the craziest critters to watch, then most incredibly we ran into a whitetip shark.. that never happens here.. and I mean ever.. bliss.. still on a bit of a high days later

That reminds me when the Italian tripod manufacturer was trying to set up manufacturing in China. The deal went through, but the Chinese had enough information that they stole to make fairly decent tripods that they sold for about half price. Gitzo couldn't do anything about it. I can't remember the company name, as this happened over a decade ago, but these tripods were pretty good, and with no R&D costs and actual manufacturing costs being so low, it was pretty much all profit.

Also in China you should register your technical patent first before showing anyone your product. Chinese will often register a technical patent then claim it was the foreigner who stole their idea. I've seen that done as well.

It was a cold rainy morning in Laguna today, although the sun did come out later. The beaches are closed so sort of strange seeing a pristine beach with no footprints in the sand, only rain-water carved rivers of fresh water to the sea. This is my usual local dive spot. So close, yet so far. :) Everyone stay safe!
sbPCfxlS_t.jpg

Was lucky enough to get away for some local diving at the weekend (we had a 4 day holiday & are not on lockdown)..

14 shore dives, 3 nights accommodation, 4 day scooter rental, ferry to the island.. all up about USD200

Couple highlights.. apart from all the green sea turtles, and some enormous titan triggerfish, we found a flamboyant cuttlefish on a night dive which are just the craziest critters to watch, then most incredibly we ran into a whitetip shark.. that never happens here.. and I mean ever.. bliss.. still on a bit of a high days later

Yeah those flamboyant cuttlefish are nice to video.

I suppose it was Manfrotto, the best photographic tripods ever built...

Negative ghostrider! We will never sell your info.
You must not realize that you've done it or it was an accident. There are four trackers on this very page. Two that send data to google-analytics. One that sends data to twitter, and one that sends data to something called "secondary_ad".

My cell company gave me a Huawei pad last time that I was in to the store for my phone.
I'm not clear on why Huawei is such an over all threat but right now, I'm wondering if I should use the Huawei device or not.
Please advise me and talk to me like I'm 5 cuz when it comes to this tech stuff, I'm behind!
If you treat it as a public computer in an internet cafe or hotel lobby you'll probably be OK. Just assume anything you use it for is definitely available to the Chinese government and probably available to the public at large.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom