tech fins for foot heavy people???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMS slipstream is the answer.

Agreed. I recently got a pair for wet suit diving, and I'm starting to really like them. My pair feels stiffer than SP Jets, contrary to a previous post. The weight difference is really noticeable, both for travel and underwater.

I've also seen various Mares Avanti models and Superchannels used, and they seem to work fine with all the kicks.

//LN

Pull your gear apart and start again. jbell8289

I use the Dive Rite fins, and frankly, I like them. The are not as strong (or heavy) as jets or turtles, but they are much lighter. I've never dove the OMS slipstreams, but from what I've read and heard from some who do, they split the difference between weight and power from the above mentioned fins.

Any shops near you that rent them? Dive with anybody who uses them and will let you borrow?

OMS Slipstreams, do not add spring straps. These fins are very light, close to neutral in the water, and will allow you to perform all of the tech kicks. I have the same problem, use XS pockets on cam bands, and the OMS fins have done the trick for me. They are relatively inexpensive also, around $85.

and as for my weighting i use two 5lbs on my top cam band so my weight is about as high as i can get it....im fixin to get a steel 119 though so maybe that will help some as well

That new tank is literally going to change everything weight/trim wise. I'd put off changing fins until you get that new tank.

The quick and simple answer is OMS's Slip Streams. Question, what cylinder configuration and exposure protection are you currently using?

I'm in the hunt for a fin that is well suitable for frog kicks and modified flutter kicks, like a jet fin, that is not heavy. Right now i currently dive a hog style bp/w so my buoyancy and trim is pretty good but if i get horizontal and sit there without moving, my feet slowly turn me to a more vertical position. I currently use oceanic viper fins, which are not too heavy but are not really great at frog kicks b/c they are a little long. All of the tech style fins that i have looked at (jets, turtles, HOG, hollis F1...) are much heavier and i feel would make the problem worse.

so does anyone know of a fin that is similar in style and function but weighs less??

The quick and simple answer is OMS's Slip Streams. Question, what cylinder configuration and exposure protection are you currently using?

Ive been diving a aluminum 80 with a 5 mm wetsuit and 10 lbs of weight on my top cam strap, but i just got a hp steel 119.

these OMS slipstream look like the answer to my problem it says divers-supply has them so ill have to go check them out and see if they feel any lighter than the jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom