Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi: I bought an Orion BCD about six months ago. I have nothing to compare it to because it is my first BCD. Recently, I decided to stock up on accessories (weight pockets, purge valves, etc). I cannot get a response from the company. Whenever I call, night or day, I get an answering machine. My e-mails have thus far gone unanswered (but I will give them another day).

The last thing I need is an unresponsive company. When I need parts, I need parts.

The BCD is OK, but the Orion shifts around on me and boyancy control is not perfect. Now I am a recently new diver (only 16 dives) and I need the crotch strap, so I will judge again if they ever respond!!!!

This is the EXACT issue im having with them as well. im trying to buy some BC's and Wet suits but no one answers and ive got a couple of questions.

BAD way to earn business especially when a site like this is going to be a big portion of it.

Robertp33:
Hi: I bought an Orion BCD about six months ago. I have nothing to compare it to because it is my first BCD. Recently, I decided to stock up on accessories (weight pockets, purge valves, etc). I cannot get a response from the company. Whenever I call, night or day, I get an answering machine. My e-mails have thus far gone unanswered (but I will give them another day).

The last thing I need is an unresponsive company. When I need parts, I need parts.

The BCD is OK, but the Orion shifts around on me and boyancy control is not perfect. Now I am a recently new diver (only 16 dives) and I need the crotch strap, so I will judge again if they ever respond!!!!

I think this company might be out of business. no answers on the phone. No emails returned.

I would not send your money theur way until they kick in at least SOMe customer service.

I do not know why they are not answering the phone. It appears this company is run either out of California or somewhere in Asia.

I sent an e-mail and got a reply from "Mark" who was very helpful.

BTW - to order much of anythingyou must go to their international website (which you can get to from the US site.

I just ordered some accessories but they are shipping from somewhere VERY far away because the shipping charge was high (but I need the parts).

scrapdizzy:
I think this company might be out of business. no answers on the phone. No emails returned.

I would not send your money theur way until they kick in at least SOMe customer service.
The best way to contact with us is via email. I replied your email (me@there.com) but our mail server informed that "Mail delivery failed". I appreciate if you give me other email that i can contact.

I just bought a wing from TripleL and didn't have any issues. I didn't try to contact them though. It's like anything else. If you want great customer service you have to pay a premium. I guess if I ever need service I may get a bit upset if they are unresponsive but for the incredible price I decided to take a chance and check them out.

You can read about the wong (and a little about the company) in this thread... http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=145885&page=3

On another customer service note...

I own a NiteRider light whick I took to my lds in Feb for repair and still hadn't gotten repaired last week. I asked my other lds if they could get the parts. Their response was, "we no longer deal with them because they are a really bad company."

I looked them up online and called. Henry answered the phone quickly and spent time discussing my product and situation. His solution was to send him the unit and he will do the repair for free and test everything thoroughly before he sends it back out. He said it would go back out the day after he received it and there would be no charge.

Figure what you want about my local shops. I won't badmouth them. I will not however hesitate to refer anyone to NiteRider. My experience with them so far has been excellent. If you need a light check them out.

mrf

We have three Triple-L BC, owned them for over a year and all three have been wet about 50 times. The quality of the materials and workmanship is fairly good, comparable to all the mainstream BCs in the dive suppliers.

We have had three problems with them; Faulty inflater twice, which was fixed by rinsing in fresh water and repeated pressing on the inflate button; and one of the dump valves stuck open during a dive and the BC wouldn't inflate, again it was fixed on the boat by cleaning and re-seating the dump valve housing.

They perform very well and have no defects after twelve months of moderate usage.

My only comment is that even the small ones have a LOT of lift. No way I would ever need that much for single tank diving.

I bought an Orion a couple weeks ago, just took it out for the first time this weekend. I am pretty happy with it...lots of cool features. I did have some trouble getting all the air out on descent, but I think that was part bad technique on my part and I have read that people have that issue the first couple dives.

I found them to be fairly responsive to email...never tried calling though. I did find it annoying that I can't buy stuff like the crotch strap or reg bag from the US site, I need to buy it from the international site, and then I get to pay crazy shipping charges from Vietnam.

Rumor has it the Orion is basically a rebadged Poseidon Techlift...the rumor says that Triple L manufactured the Techlift and Poseidon put their name (and a significantly higher price tag) on it. Not sure if that's true, but they do look remarkably similar. I read somewhere that the Techlift is really designed for dual tanks, so that might explain the massive lift.

jds

The Kraken:
CF, I'll be awaiting that report with great interes. Time to buy a BC for my daughter. Give it a good hard test and keep an open mind.

I bought a Libra Air+ from the Scuba-L International site for my daughter and I do not regret it! The construction is outstanding and the quality of the hardware sure seems on par with the best you're likely to see at your LDS. Fit and function are all great. Without getting into a full equipment review, I would give Scuba-L a thumbs up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom