Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since this appears to be the definitive Triple-L/ScubaL thread...

Who's had their equipment shipped from their factory in Vietnam, like off their international web site? What was it, where was it shipped to... and how much was the shipping cost?

I'm particularly interested in shipping costs now for their custom wetsuits... I got a 5mm non-custom hooded suit from them two years ago, and I'm really happy with the quality vs. price... but that was when they were still offering non-custom suits, shipped from their U.S. warehouse.

How about international shipping costs for their BCs?

--Marek

I just had two wetsuits shipped from their vietnam office. I ordered a bag and a bc too and weighed the cost of shipping from there vs shipping from the US and it was more cost effective to get everything from there. I think if you are buying a custom suit or two from here, then the cost is about the same.

Oh yeah... it was shipped to TX.

A word of caution.. they tend to size their stuff a little large. I would recommend down-sizing your bc if you are in between sizes on their chart (I did and I am very happy) and your wetsuit... especially in the arms. Both wetsuits I ordered are long in the arms and both were measured very carefully by professional tailors. Yes, I said tailorS.

littlce:
I just had two wetsuits shipped from their vietnam office. I ordered a bag and a bc too and weighed the cost of shipping from there vs shipping from the US and it was more cost effective to get everything from there. I think if you are buying a custom suit or two from here, then the cost is about the same.
But, all their custom suits (and that's all they're offering these days), no matter from which web site, come straight from the factory in Vietnam. Makes sense.

I understand you bought more than just the wetsuits (particularly the BC), but how much ballpark was the shipping?

Which BC did you get?

If they jack up the price, it won't be price competitive anymore due to an international shipping cost.

As we know, the suit is most common sale item in the market. Sure, it is also high margine item like a fashion business.

Keep an eyes on some sale promotion on the board. I am sure you will get any other better deals on the wet suit.

Oh~~ yeah.. if you are in the custome size category, their suit is way to go...

Edit) spelling... Need more sleep.

If you're looking for a "stock" wetsuit do a search for "Evo" suits - lots of variety, well made and prices range $49-$149 depending on type. The ScubaL suits are good, and when they shipped stock suits from the US they were a screaming deal, but add in $65 shipping and I prefer the quality of the Evo suits. For a custom suit, as Hoosier mentioned, it's hard to beat a ScubaL suit.

(btw - I have several scubal suits from back when they were stock - good quality, but I prefer the evo)

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
The ScubaL suits are good, and when they shipped stock suits from the US they were a screaming deal, but add in $65 shipping and I prefer the quality of [something else].
Yeah, that's the core of what I was getting at. I was pretty dismayed when I found they'd stopped offering their stock wetsuits out of the U.S. Wonder why? (I know, if you can't figure out the reason for something, it's probably got to do with money.)

(Sorry about the edit above; I was wondering the same thing, but not specifically about Evo.)

sorry guys, I ordered a BC. You might have to email them for the price for wetsuits. I believe the sent it DHL which is pretty pricey no matter where your shipping from.

I just purchased two triple-l bc's from scubal.com and I received them in only two days (to Ohio). My wife and I used them over the weekend and they are great. Good solid BC's for the price and super fast shipping. No one answers the phone and I received a response to an email on the day I received shipment. I would not hesitate to order from again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom