Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently ordered an Orion from the domestic US site...I've had it out twice now. The first time, being new to the back inflate thing, it felt a bit strange, and I had a bit of trouble getting the air out sufficiently to descend, the second time was much easier...just as others have said. I think I would like to get the crotch strap but for some reason they still don't have it at the domestic site, and I won't pay $25 or more for a $4 strap purely on principle. As for the BC however, its been only two dives, but I'd have to say its an insanely good buy when you look at features and price.

jds

PS: One thing that was odd...they charged me sales tax, even though they're in California and I'm in FL. Nobody does that for mail order...

I am looking at getting the Cratos bc but after checking the sizing chart on scubal i am in between size S and M, but Cratos only comes in size M and above, will size M fits me? Emailed scubal.com but has gotten no response from them. I am 165cm, 65kg, waist 32inch, chest 36inch. Can anyone help me with the sizing really appreciate it thanks!

I had trouble with the zippers on the wetsuit I bought from them but they sent me a new one no charge so now I have two wetsuits that have zipper problems. Of course I am getting heavier (40 yrs old) but I would think that once you get it zipped it should stay.

The link to Triple L's website isn't working.
Can anyone send or post the current website address so I can order a new BC.

Thanks all.

Hi; I've been trying to get to the "Triple-L" factory or store site using the suggested ".biz" site name but find myself in a shopping directory site. I have tried the site but not been able to find the store front. Any idea's? Thanks

Hi; I've been trying to get to the "Triple-L" factory or store site using the suggested ".biz" site name but find myself in a shopping directory site. I have tried the site but not been able to find the store front. Any idea's? Thanks

Click on the link "HOME" on the post above yours. They're Scuba-L now.

I bought the as was Triple-L now Scuba-L back inflate BC Orion.

Pros:
i) Great value for money,
ii) very comfortable,
iii) can be converted to take twins if needed with holes in the backplate
iv) Twin tank bands
v) Very large bladder lift

Cons
i) Positive buoyancy. I removed the padded back pad and this saved 2kg! I floated it in the bath (freshwater) and it took 2kg's to barely sink it. Now it is removed the BC still feels comfortable but I can carry less weight. The rest of the padding in the BC uses similar but thinner of this very buoyant padding material. I am tempted to remove the rest of the internal padding to help even more.
iii) Very large bladder, tricky to bungee the bladder for using singles.
iv) Large bladder means don't fill right up at the surface unless you need a life raft. Just fill enough to get positive buoyancy. If you fill up too much you will fall about all over the place.
v) Sizing is up the shoot. I bought a small but still too big. I needed to pull all the straps in full to get a good but perfect fit. Small is more like a medium so don't expect this BC to be suitable for small bodies.

For a first BC on a budget - perfect. Very wide range of adjustment so good as a backup later for other people to use just not for very small people.

Matthew

Hey folks; its been awhile since I last posted. A month ago I recieved my "Stratos" bc and in the area of material use, seams, shape/sizing, valve and control quality. I don't think you can find a comparable product for less then the $600-$700 range....and I paid $149. I have noticed that the price is going up, I believe its being advertised for $169 but still a steal. This could be the perfect example of "getting in on the ground floor", with the exposure in the North American market we could find the price rising in the near future. I am a "retread to the sport so am getting new equipment as we speak and for you members who lean to the "Rotund" side of the scale like myself(6'3'', 250-350lbs, but I've lost 80lbs this past year) then I highly recommend the "Stratos" with the air-plus feature. The air-plus is front air cells with seperate controls from the back set that provide a significant amount of stability for snorkeling in surf or diving in currents, less wallowing while swimming and nicer vertical stabalization(All is not wieghtless underwater, but you skinny wippets wouldn't know about this, would you, heehee). Anyways you can find it easier and more comfortable which makes it more enjoyable and that what its all about.....right? I've really enjoy the few things I've gotten from SCUBA-L and plan for future purchases, if your a "newbie" to the sport give then give them a serious look and read the other reviews on this site. The Scuba-L company is new and trying to get their name out there, the wave seems to be gaining momentum so don't miss out on an opprotunity of price a quality. Well I've said my piece, getting ready for a month of snorkeling and maybe some diving in Hawaii so gotta go. Hope anything I've said helps someone out there, enjoy!

Rustynails

I got an Orion about a month ago. I love it. It's very comfortable. The website is in the process of being updated so the pictures are a little out of date. The Orion is white and black in color not yellow and black. Also it no longer comes with the front comberbun pocket. It seems VERY well constructed. I'm looking forward to many more dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom