Triple-L BC's and Products in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just wish they would either offer the Orion crotch strap through the US web site, or charge reasonable shipping fees from the international site to the US. I have found the Orion has a tendency to ride up a bit on me, I think the crotch strap would help considerably.

jds

I just wish they would either offer the Orion crotch strap through the US web site, or charge reasonable shipping fees from the international site to the US. I have found the Orion has a tendency to ride up a bit on me, I think the crotch strap would help considerably.

jds

Send them an email and see if they can send you one. I'm sure it can't cost that much; given the part is around $3.50. The whole site is in the process of being redesigned to update information.

I am a newbie to scuba diving. Just was certified about 2 months ago and I am going to the Bahamas in January and expecting to make at least 6 dives and then heading to Hawaii in Feb for 6 more. I know itÃÔ a bit early to get started purchasing equipment but I figure I might be able to get some of it for Christmas plus I am going crazy looking at dive equipment every day. Anyway, after reading countless forums I think I have settled on the back inflation Orion never having used a back inflation BC before because of price and durability.

Not that any of the above has to do with my question, however, I was wondering if anyone has placed an order in the last couple of weeks. I know someone mentioned that they were updating their site but I am still having troubles ordering a month after that post. I even sent them an email asking about getting the BC serviced and placing an order but have yet to hear back. I sent the email less than a week ago so I figure they should be getting back to me sometime this week or early next due to the holidays.

Just wondering if anyone had any info in the mean time.
Thanks

ScubaL got back to me over the Thanksgiving weekend and here is what they had to say about their site.

We discontinued all of old BCD and already developed new BCDs for 2008. We are updating the site now and intend will finish in one or two months. If you are not urgent pls wait us some more time then you can order directly on new site, you will have many options for your choosing. Otherwise pls let me know so I can process your order before the site.

Best Regards,
Jessica Nguyen

I found a good deal on the Aeris Atoms LX, its not a sole back inflate like I wanted but its a hybrid so I hope it works out

I tried to order through them back in August and the site wasn't working then. I was told it would be fixed soon but it obviously hasn't been. I was very keen to get one of their products for my daughters birthday, now there seems to be little hope of getting anything by Christmas.

While Scubal had the cheapest prices I have come across I have now found an alternative at a reasonable price which I think will do the job better.

I purchased a Triple L Orion from TommyDSports in florida last august and I have been very happy with it. I also purchased the dual bladder wing for the Orion. I am currently using it for Tech diving with twin OMS steel 125's and have only had one small problem it. The dual bladder wings had a slight design flaw. There are elastic bands inside the wing seperating the two bladders, and can cause the bladder to trap air which can make 20' and 10' deco stops a problem. Remedy...remove the wing, remove the bladders from the wing, and cut the elastice bands out...problem solved. The quality is comparable to the Diverite transpac, and the twins attach with the same hardware. I also love the many well placed d rings. I removed the trim pockets (unnecessary with big doubles), and added a diverite crotch strap.

I have the Triple L Instructor and love it. Right now I'm looking at putting a set of double 80s on it. Over the last 8 months of use (3 dives every other weekend) I've not seen any appreciable wear, it's stable as a rock, and it has enough pockets and D-rings that you can hang almost anything anywhere. The only problem with the larger version is a slightly more pronounced sqeeze when fully inflated at the surface. I've not noticed any problems dumping air with all four dump valves.

The Scuba L website is active again. It shows BC's, some pictured on the previous site. The prices have doubled. BC owners said Scuba L or Triple L was as good as a dive shop BC, and half the price. Now it's the same price.

From their website: All returns MUST be sent to our factory in Vietnam.

Anyway, the concept of getting gear straight the factory without middle-men seemed good. Current pricing makes it less attractive.

Stu.

I have to say the new scubaL Pegasus looks remarkably like the Sea Elite Rek X BCD & the Edge Stealth 2 BCD. I've been scrutinising them real carefully, can somebody verify this?

I saw the Sea Elite in a dive shop and asked about the country of origin. It is Vietnam, just like Scuba L. More than likely it is the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom