• Friends

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Scuba.com

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Scubaboard

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The survey should allow multiple responses.

For example, I've purchased used multiple items of gear from each of eBay, Scubaboard classifieds, from several different LDS (Northeast Scuba Supply is a great resource for used-gear), and craigslist.

Voting for any one category would lead to a false view of the secondary market.

The survey should allow multiple responses.

For example, I've purchased used multiple items of gear from each of eBay, Scubaboard classifieds, from several different LDS (Northeast Scuba Supply is a great resource for used-gear), and craigslist.

Voting for any one category would lead to a false view of the secondary market.
Appreciate the feedback. The survey has been updated.

I like ScubaBoard because you have the opportunity to "know" the seller from their general participation on the board. But I have also bought some inexpensive items on eBay.

I assume "Classifieds" includes craigslist. What is a facebook market?

The premise the survey -- measuring if any of the secondary marketplaces is a source of reliable used gear -- is invalid. That's a very different question than the title of the thread, which doesn't have the word "reliable".

Some sellers may do a meticulous job of caring for their gear, but it was unreliable from the manufacturer -- does that say anything about either the seller or the forum (craiglist, FB) where it was sold?

Some sellers do a better job of caring for or refurbishing used gear than others, leading to a buyer's perception of the reliability of the equipment, but that says little about the category (ie., LDS, or eBay, or Scubaboard classifieds) as a whole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom