• Friends

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Scuba.com

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Scubaboard

Votes: 40 67.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mainly scubaboard, but also Aqua Sport Online has a fair amount of used stuff. Particularly for Canadians it is nice to avoid crossing the border. @Charlene Barker is on here if you have questions.
Thank you for the plug ! I do sell a lot of used gear. I have customers that just don't want the hassle of selling their dive gear. I find that everything sells one piece at a time so it's a lot of work on my end. I use Kijiji, marketplace and SB. You never know what unusual piece I have that someone needs that lives far away from me. I have a lot of weird stuff. Plus I have purchased off SB too ! I feel more confident buying and selling off a platform that I can research the person to make sure that they are divers and not scammers.

Dive shops when they turn over used rental gear or gear swaps

FB marketplace is where I always find the best deals. Craigslist is dying, Ebay charges too much, and good deals on SB are usually gone pretty quickly.

Craigslist is dying, Ebay charges too much, and good deals on SB are usually gone pretty quickly.
Perhaps you could drink more coffee, or less

I start on Craigslist but since I live away from metropolitan centers rarely find anything nearby. End up on eBay. I haven't tried Facebook, but will keep an eye on Scubaboard now that I've been introduced to it.

Good choice, and welcome

As a very active instructor I see people with their second-hand gear a lot. Unless you really know the person you are buying from, it's a crap shoot. You just don't know what you are really getting. I just had a student who proudly showed me the great deal they got on some used gear. They loved their "high-end" reg....a Dacor. oops.
So the BEST place to get used gear, IMHO, is your local dive shop! the shop i hang out with gets a lot of gear to sell from people who are a) upgrading, b) leaving diving, c) getting rid of too much dive crap. We'll sell the gear for the customer after we service it/repair it. We will make sure it works perfect and make sure it is current and in good shape. Sure...you may pay more than on Craig's List...but there is also a guarantee on the work and gear condition!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom