Why not SPG under the left arm to left Chest D ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fulytek.. all good bro... believe me I dont do danglies... if you saw my rig you would understand. Even the extra 3 inch webbing on my waist belt (seen in pic) is now secured under a bungie..LOL ... Believe me if it dangles its not staying on my rig..

Before I got my Perdix AI, SPG definitely went on left chest D ring. I’m not DIR. I do what works for me. I found that having pony and SPG clipped to same D ring was too cluttered for me. So I added another D ring. Worked great. Just had to look down, not mess with unclipping SPG. Now that I’m using the AI, SPG is on my left hip D ring.

Yeah, "clutter" can be an issue....

I used a counter-lung ring, so I have a conventional d-ring for hanging bottles, and have an additional place to clip the SPG....

upload_2018-9-13_13-18-40.png

YMMV....

I am odd in that I clip it across my chest to the right side of my chest. It is an old big console and this keeps it as close to me as possible, so only the console itself sticks out (dangles?). Also, very easy to read and don't have to unclip it. If I'm right close to the bottom and it's rocky, I can slip it under a BC strap so it won't scrape on the rocks.

You can have all the awareness in the world . It's still a dangely and dangelys get tangled.
No, it's not. It's no lower than my bungeed back up lights. It's no lower than my corrugated BC hose. I go with a slightly shorter hose so it lies mostly flat to my chest. But, never having seen me dive, I'm sure you know more about my gear than I do.

When is a dangly not a dangly? When it's been routed with thought and care so it's not a dangly. Just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean others can't succeed. Since it's routed over my shoulder, I don't have to worry about getting tangled in it if/when I doff/don my BC.

No, it's not. It's no lower than my bungeed back up lights. It's no lower than my corrugated BC hose. I go with a slightly shorter hose so it lies mostly flat to my chest. But, never having seen me dive, I'm sure you know more about my gear than I do.

When is a dangly not a dangly? When it's been routed with thought and care so it's not a dangly. Just because you don't know how to do it, doesn't mean others can't succeed. Since it's routed over my shoulder, I don't have to worry about getting tangled in it if/when I doff/don my BC.
K but this thread is about running it under the arm and clipping on the chest

K but this thread is about running it under the arm and clipping on the chest
So, it's a dangly because you think I'm off topic? Interesting. He wants to clip it off to his chest D-ring and we're giving him options. If he thinks it's OT, he'll report it I'm sure.

Depending on your diving its probably not going to cause much of an issue. If you move into more demanding environments it might, though.

To me, its worthwhile to a) get good at clipping and unclipping it and b) get good on your gas usage estimation so you need to look at it less. Id rather have it clipped out of the way on my hip and not even have to think about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom