Wife doesn't know...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
Men Men Men Men Men!!!

I know this is a scary concept - but believe it or not we arent scary monsters with 2 heads, 9 arms and a axe to cut certain parts of your body off - we will understand ! - well i would anyway! :wink:

really... you should have a look at my ex-girlfriend... :wink:

But, you are right... I've always stuck with honesty, because it'll do you better in the long run...

... And if you're honest a couple of times, she won't suspect anything is up next time when you buy a new scooter...:confused: (just kidding)

This is coming from a woman that isn't asked "honey, can I?" but told "honey, I did..." when it comes to scuba gear. Since I dive too, I can understand..to a point. But, I think our (HIS) tanks are mating and having babies! There are 4 little squaty 13cuft tanks in the dive room...and I have NO idea where they came from!

Basically, your wife will be pissed (today, tomorrow, or sometime soon). You will have to make it up to her.

Personally, I think woman don't really want you to buy them anything! what they REALLY want is:

Put your dirty clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor.
put the damn seat DOWN after you go. and clean it once in a while!
Do the dishes and do them right! (yes, the handles DO have to be washed too! and soap MUST be rinsed off!)
Do the laundry every now and then (yes, you do have to seperate the colors from the whites!)
Clean the litter box
Fix the handle on the screen door that fell off 2 weeks ago, or at least don't keep all the tools in your truck so she can't get to them to fix it herself.
Don't let your wet dive gear sit on the living room floor "to dry".
Don't store your dive gear in the bathtub "to rinse" for days!

No, I have no issues here! (I feel much better now!)

Women don't have to be "bought"...just have to feel appreciated. Of course, flowers are always nice :wink:

Ok, I'm done venting.....for now.

you screwed the pooch on this one ... I am an instructor and she asked me last year how much I spent on dive gear over the years ... I added it up and divided by 3 and said :eek:hh, $3,000 ... I got the couch that week ... even though I was an instructor and diver LONG before we met, and even longer before we started dating ...

Now I am getting into tech diving, and the wings, and nitrox tanks can be hidden, however, the dry suit is being held up as I cannot figure where to hide it ... the doubles I think I can manage ... I will hafta come up with a better excuse than "I need class gear" I think for this one :)

Hey hobbie, here's an idea...can you store the doubles under an old table, and stick a lampshade on top of it? "Here honey...the newest in Art-Deco!"

Just a suggestion...

You know, I thought I was interested in getting married again (have to find him first), but after reading all of this, maybe I should be happy to be single. I just replaced all of my dive gear over the summer, and the cats had no problems as long as there was food in their bowl!

Well, you can tell by my spending habits that I am not married! LOL. I now have 3 expensive hobbies. In the past three years I have spent $15,000 on car parts, and $5,000 on firearms. Oops. LOL. Now I am doing this scuba thing.

Anyway, I would have tried using womans logic. "But honey, it was ON SALE! I saved money by buying it all!" Of course, take this with a grain of salt coming from an unmarried man. Luckily, my girlfriend enjoys the firearms, and the cars, and her father is into diving BIG TIME, so she understands.

I am glad that you are safe for now. Good luck in the future.

Back
Top Bottom