300 ft Dive, Who Is This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in Provence NOW...and I get a bit reluctant on some of the tiny country roads and fast drivers. They are pretty respectful, though. Certainly better than Honolulu drivers.

(Lourmarin) JB and I argue risk every day, btw. Let's also say, that I don't tell these third generation cyclists "hey, GET A HELMET, Dude"..the way some American snots did to JB when he came back from Iraq last time and forgot his helmet one day. Cyclists were almost viscious about it.[/I] We ride with helmets, but that day he did not have it. He had just spent 7 months with people shootoing at him and trying to blow him up, so it was amusing to see all these hot pink spandex men yelling at him to get a clue. sigh. Life is so interesting.

The other thing about Hawaii, is if you have only been there for a year or two...you can't tell people what to do on the water. It is like a pecking order in the surf line up in Malibu. The Hawaiians have been racing canoes for centuries and they do not give a crap about your dive flag. It might not be the rule, but I prefer to defer to 50 canoes myself, and keep my noggin intact. Yet, many (especially military guys)will scream to them, citing the Coast Guard regs...I say Good Luck, with that.

Like I said, they just wear little caps here. I say, rules are guidelines, you should consider.

Now, Zippy's food WILL kill you, you know.

yes but its a slow sinfully delicious death.

I would have been one of da kine admonishing JB about not wearing a helmet to :lotsalove:

A helmet probably saved my life when I had a bad crash when I use to race mountain bikes. Road riding is way more scarier to me then mountain biking though. I never could get use to cars flying by a few inches away.

JB probably hated wearing a vest and K-pot all the time like I did... until the first hostile round went flying by. It's easy to look at safety gear or protective gear in any sport or vocation as a hassle when you know the odds of getting hurt aren't necessarily that high. Its sure nice to have it though when your number comes up.

Yea, I second the reporting him if you can. There are things that PADI might wash under the table, but something like that I would think they would be very interested in as is can directly endanger the students. At least I would hope they would be interested.
This thread has become seriously silly, but anyway, I'd like to explain why I didn't report him; everyone is entitled to make a mistake, though I don't think he realises it yet. Ball with the balls has no reply to divers who clearly know better than him. Personally I think it takes more balls to take on a Tech course, be it NAUI, DSAT, GUE or whatever. Knowledge is freedom from fear. These guys simply face their fear; big deal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom