Diving San Diego Sat 9/11 - Now What??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be intrested in going with you guys but seeing as I have just passed my OW I don't know if my skill level is to par with the South Casa dive (site says it's not for beginners)... I snorkel that area constantly and know the ins and outs as far as that goes but I'm not entirely sure about Scuba... Do you guys think I could handle this dive with only 6 dives under my belt or should I just wait for a bit?

Gomer Piles:
I'd be intrested in going with you guys but seeing as I have just passed my OW I don't know if my skill level is to par with the South Casa dive (site says it's not for beginners)... I snorkel that area constantly and know the ins and outs as far as that goes but I'm not entirely sure about Scuba... Do you guys think I could handle this dive with only 6 dives under my belt or should I just wait for a bit?

First of all Congrats on your OW cert!

the answer to your question lies within my son. that's question can only be answered by you, you and you alone know your comfort level, don't EVER and I mean EVER let someone else decide if you're ready for a dive, the best thing you can do is decide for yourself and then surround yourself with people who are more experianced than you. so, are you ready for the dive?

Cheers,
Sam

P.S. if you're not just join us for dive 2 at the cove
:wink:

Gomer Piles:

What Sam said is yes, that is a shallow dive and we need you knowledge of the area........see you at the Cove.

Roy,

Thank you for inquiring about contributing donations for the victims/fire fighters of 911. We have closed the IAFF Disaster Relief Fund with every dime going to the 343 families who suffered a loss that day. I’ve attached information on another fund that you might not be aware of. It’s called the New York 9-11 Firefighters Counseling Support Foundation and we are still collecting donations for this fund. This fund supplements expenses not covered by the city for counseling services for all FDNY members’ and their families. If you need any addition info please do not hesitate to contact me and have a safe dive.

Take care,

Patrick Morrison

Health and Safety Director

202-824-9303

Firefighters Counseling Support Foundation

In the days after the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, it was clear that the New York City fire officers and fire fighters who survived the attack and all FDNY families would bear a heavy burden. The IAFF quickly established the New York 9-11 Firefighters Counseling Support Foundation to ensure that members of Uniformed Firefighters Association, IAFF Local 94 and the Uniformed Fire Officers Association, IAFF Local 854 as well as their families would get the full range of critical mental health services needed to help them through this life-changing event.

Donations to the foundation are used to supplement the activities of the FDNY Counseling Service Unit (CSU). Through this program, the IAFF has contributed over $900,000 to the CSU to ensure that all FDNY members and family members who are in need of crisis counseling related to the WTC disaster receive those services. Just a few of the CSU activities are: bereavement groups, survivor groups, peer counseling, children and family liaison services, clinician visits, educational outreach, and a referral service.

The foundation New York 9-11 Firefighters Counseling Support Foundation is still accepting donations in order to ensure that all FDNY fire fighters and families receive needed services into the future. Those wishing to make donations should make checks payable to:

New York 9-11 Firefighters Counseling Support Foundation

International Association of Fire Fighters

1750 New York Ave., NW

Washington D.C. 20006

202-737-8484

If we could all bring our donations, we can perhaps send it all together with a picture of us........

Ok well I'm gonna skip out then... I'm too broke right now to waste all the money for rental gear on just one dive... Maybe see you guys out there another time...

Gomer Piles:
Ok well I'm gonna skip out then... I'm too broke right now to waste all the money for rental gear on just one dive... Maybe see you guys out there another time...

Rent from Aqau Tech, much less exspensive.

http://www.divecenter.com/

moonie:
They have good prices, but I also recommend Sport Chalet.. they're a bit less and a bit less of a drive (depends on where you are of course).

Are you joining us???

I don't think so, not on this one. I have yet to have any experiences yet at the Cove and since getting a drysuit, the Shores has been kind and it's so easy to go out and play with bouyancy out there. I'd rather get that down first, before heading towards the Cove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom