How fast do prices go down?

Will the price go down soon?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was announced at DEMA 2014. I have not been able to find a single review of it. As far as I can tell, it's not even out yet.

And that is a LOT of software to get right...

Look how he worded the above. It's a declarative statement that implies agreement.

People say the sky is blue.

Did that imply agreement? What exactly am I agreeing with? Am I agreeing that people say that? Or that the sky is blue? When I make a factual statement, I am implicitly asserting the truth of the statement. Whether I am asserting that people say a certain thing, or that a web page says a certain thing. It doesn't mean that I agree with what they're saying or that I think what they're saying is a good idea, even if what they are saying is true.

I built a case for my point of view on the SP computer by establishing the relevant facts and then stating the conclusion I have drawn based on those facts. I could have just spouted my opinion without giving any factual support. I could even throw in some stuff based on not reading prior posts all the way and jumping to conclusions. But then I would have been just like so many other SB'ers and I like to be different. :)

Care to review the names you were calling and re-think who they apply to here?

I didn't see anything wrong with what stuartv wrote. Let's not nitpick each other, it interrupts the dialogue and is counterproductive. You can always send a PM and discuss your point of view, and not involve the whole group, most of us don't usually don't give a rats ass about this kind of petty stuff.

hello everyone!
I'm ready to buy my gear (all from scubapro). I'm interested in the Galileo Luna computer, a700 / mk25 ,
And air2 to go along with the new Hydros pro BCD.
My question is: the hydros pro just came out so its 839$, how fast will the price of it go down?
My parents think I should wait for the price to go down but I don't think it will until years later.
What are your thoughts on it?
Prices Don't go down for years on BCDs if ever. They usually just go away and then a new model comes out. It's part of th business cycle.

Are you insistent you want to buy new? I look at what I paid for my set of ScubaPro regs (I've got two MK25/S600 combos as my doubles regs and a MK2/R395 combo as a stage reg) and cringe at the idea of paying retail for them if I had gotten them new.

If the secondhand route is taken, like any other life support equipment, have it inspected prior to use.

Your post has the stupid comment first and the smart comment dead last, can't blame people for not reading all the way through....I known I didn't

Actually, calling someone's post "stupid" and then admitting you didn't even read it all the way through is....ummm... well, you know, kind of stupid.

It did take me a few extra seconds to understand his post, but so what. Wasting time is what scubaboard is all about. :D

Now back to the critically important discussion about whether or not overpriced scuba gear goes down in price. To the OP (if she's still reading and hasn't blown thousands on gear yet) if you are really concerned with cost, don't buy any of this gear. Rent/borrow for a little while until you get some experience, and have a chance to meet people that can help you find gear reasonably....this means not relying on advice from salesmen. You don't need to spend much on scuba gear to dive enjoyably and safely. All regulators basically do the same thing, and dive computers for your level of diving can be VERY simple and inexpensive without sacrificing anything important.

OTOH, if it's your parents credit card, go nuts! It's only their retirement.

Last edited:
I bought my Galileo Luna last year and I've been really happy with it. I don't think you could go wrong with it. It's really user friendly and you can do a ton of customization. The screen is nice and big so all the important information can be viewed without having to push any buttons. If you like alarms, you can set them for any number of features. If you don't like beeping, you can run it on silent mode. I really like the wireless air integration (I know that's not popular on here, and that's okay :). Never had any issues with it. A lot of people on this board really have an axe to grind with Scubapro, and you can see it in the replies. Scubapro is more expensive than some brands. However, I don't think you'd go wrong with what you have picked either- if be happy to dive it any day :). To answer your original question however, I highly doubt prices will drop any time soon/any significant amount. If anything they will probably go up just a little to account for inflation. You will get the parts for life with your gear choices, and for someone who doesn't know how to service their own equipment, it's a pretty good deal. I'm not claiming to be an expert either- just giving my opinion.

OTOH, if it's your parents credit card, go nuts! It's only their retirement.

Or her inheritance... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom